Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 13, nausea and still no appetite

Options
  • 06-05-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

This is my first baby, on week 13 now but still have really bad nausea, puking every few days and don't really ever feel like eating.
    Have been like this from week 7. Have lost about half a stone.

Diet consists of -
    breakfast - bowl of cereal then trying to snack every hour until lunch
    lunch - wrap and yogurt and snacks in afternoon
    dinner - another bowl of cereal and icecream with fruit

Everytime I eat it is a struggle to not get sick afterwards with all the burps!

I was hoping by week 13 I would start to feel a bit better.
    Although the pregnancy appears to be progressing ok I am worried about weight loss and poor diet affecting the baby's develpoment.

When does the sickness usually end and appetite return?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭xxfelix

Hey First off congrats on the Pregnancy..

Normal Morningh Sickness can last for another few weeks (but dont listen to the horror stories about them lasting longer)

I had it pretty bad myself but i found that the travel sickness wrist bands helped greatly....just an idea.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

expectant wrote: »
    This is my first baby, on week 13 now but still have really bad nausea, puking every few days and don't really ever feel like eating.
    Have been like this from week 7. Have lost about half a stone.

Diet consists of -
    breakfast - bowl of cereal then trying to snack every hour until lunch
    lunch - wrap and yogurt and snacks in afternoon
    dinner - another bowl of cereal and icecream with fruit

Everytime I eat it is a struggle to not get sick afterwards with all the burps!

I was hoping by week 13 I would start to feel a bit better.
    Although the pregnancy appears to be progressing ok I am worried about weight loss and poor diet affecting the baby's develpoment.

When does the sickness usually end and appetite return?

Hi there congrats :o I had awful sickness for the first 11 weeks could barely drink water i felt so awful. My mother suggested i try ginger biscuits, i couldn't believe the difference after a few days. I would keep them beside my bed and eat one before i got up this seemed to stop my all day sickness. It will probably be around now that it should start to ease off but your appetite may not be the same until after you have babs. Pregnancy (as you know already) turns your world upside down!

Don't worry if you are losing weight it's completely normal for this to happen and it won't effect the baby whatsoever as whatever you do manage to keep down it will go to the baby it's mammy who suffers :(

Best of luck :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My advise is to eat anything that you like and can eat.
    I could manage jellies,fried rice and not much else with out being sick.
    I was not sick for the full 39 weeks but probably about 32 of them.I ate normallly when the thought alone did not make me ill and gave up trying to eat healthily in favour of eating at all.
    Tell your doctor about it,I ended up on medication for it but it was awful and left me more dazed then when I started.
    Drink loads of fluids and remember baby is a parasite and will take all your nutrients:)
    Ginger is good and I also found hot ribena helped (I was addicted!)

Congrats and I bet you will be fine in a week or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24 expectant

Thanks for the replies.
    Was sick again yesterday 4 times in 24 hours so decided to go to Dr.s
    May have a slight infection will know lab results next week.
    Dr. assured me baby will be ok and to just make sure I keep drinking fluids small amounts often.

Have tried all the food suggestions above but yesterday nothing was working not even ginger biscuits!

I'm hoping this is the morning sickness at it's peak.

Advertisement