Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join a club (and a few other Qs)

Options
  • 06-05-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hey, Im looking to try airsoft (is that the right way of saying it) and since I cant get enough people to actually make up a team, do I need to join a club or just give 1 a shout and ask if I can tag along and rent my gear there

I hope I dont get shouted down for this but are there many out there that take this just a bit to seriously, only ask cause I was told on another site that there are a few and it can be a bit off putting

Also, the girlfriend was asking about starting aswell, is it limited to just guys on a team or it is mixed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The one thing you'll find with airsoft is everyone's quite friendly and helpful, seeming how we're all out for a common interest.

Though it's more fun if you're playing with you friends, but if you turn up on your own you won't be shunned to the side, we all started off somewhere.

In many sites, if not all, teams are picked on the day with the players avaible, so you'll be put with other lads, so you'll get to know people fairly quickly.

Many sites you can rent a gun and mask for about 35ish euro.

Women are welcome at any site, i think the Warehouse are looking at running a Woman's only night.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Airsoft is one of the youngest sports in Ireland as in was introduced in late 2006.Like Sod'o swords said everyone is friendly and will always be willing to give advice to newbies such as recommendations on which airsoft gun to buy and where to shop,and most important the best and most tatical way to play airsoft.

As far i as know there are only a few sites that have annual membership so its really up to the person themself if they enjoy the site and would like to be a member of that particular site.

As for appearance i would recomend woodland camo clothes or if you are playing in the warehouse (indoor site)it wouldent really matter.Camo gear isent too dear to buy so its well worth purchesing.(If you are palying in out door sites it will provide you with good camouflage and it very good at stoping thorns/stingers from ripping the skin off you)

As for airsoft guns they are not to be called firearms or guns unless you put the word 'airsoft' before gun,reason being is that they dont shoot bullets,they shoot a 6mm BB

If you are considering on buying a airsoft gun i can recomend 'Eirsoft' (have a look at there website).
    There are many different types of airsoft guns you can buy such as:M4s,M16s,AK47s.MP5s,G36c (basiaclly most of the weapons that are in Call of Duty 4 are airsoft guns aswell)
    You are also able to buy pistols refeared to as Gas Blow Backs,and like the bigger airsoft guns the are based on real firearm designs,a few examples:Glock 17/19/18(the 18 is fullauto),Sig Sauer P226/P229,Beretta 92F/M9 and my favourite the 1911 .45 which there are many different modlels.Prices can range from 90-400 euro for a airsoft gun but i paid 150 for my Dboys M4 S-System and that dose me grand:).

Hope this advice helps you:)

P.S: most airsofters play airsoft for a laugh and to keep fit,it very often where people take it too too serious so you have nothing to worry about if you think that you will be involved in a straightener when you go to play airsoft.

Advertisement