Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying online abroad, pros and cons

Options
  • 06-05-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Ive spoted a JG G36C in a foreign site, even with postage of about €50 it works out at €50 less than buying over here

So If I can confirm that its under a joule should I go ahead or is there to much of a risk that if something goes wrong Ill have to arrange to ship it back, also would it be stopped at customs?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

if its a asian site that €50 wont be saved at all!

they dont charge vat on their products, but when the reach ireland customs will add the vat on and when the delivery company arrive at your door they will be looking for the vat!

also, as you said if anything goes wrong your screwed. ay least if you buy irish you can pop it back to the shop and from my experiences the lads in the shops over here are great to deal with.

and there is a chance customs could send it off to the garda for testing to make sure its legal, and from what iv heard they dont be in a hurry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Ive spoted a JG G36C in a foreign site, even with postage of about €50 it works out at €50 less than buying over here

So If I can confirm that its under a joule should I go ahead or is there to much of a risk that if something goes wrong Ill have to arrange to ship it back, also would it be stopped at customs?

Cheers

I presume that's the one on ehobby? Looked at that one too as I had been buying in bits and pieces (gas mags, scopes etc) from Asia for the last few months but since d'emergency (:() kicked in, a lot has been stopped by customs for inspection. If you're willing to wait a tad longer than expected, pay the 21.5% VAT and a 6 euro charge to An Post:eek:, then go for it but there's a lot to be said for buying it locally, especially if things go pear shaped!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm nearly 100% sure if your buying a jg g36c from hk it will be over 1j in power so that's definitely a no no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

zero19 wrote: »
    I'm nearly 100% sure if your buying a jg g36c from hk it will be over 1j in power so that's definitely a no no

+ 1. JG G36s are 350 fps stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Some things work out cheaper, not his time. In the before time, the long long ago, UPS didnt rape your little bum bum with shipping.
    Buy the G36 here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Normally I'd agree with everyone saying you should buy Irish (surprise, surprise :D), but in this case, if eHobby have it in stock, jump on it, unless you're prepared to wait.

Jing Gong seem to have royally pissed off the wrong person in China, and their factories have been closed, and some senior personnel arrested. JG G36cs are pretty hard to get from Asian wholesalers and most retailers at the moment, and I think it'll be a while until you see them in an Irish airsoft store, unless they're old stock, or someone has found a wholesaler with some left in stock.

Just be very, VERY sure you pay to get it downgraded, and you have been assured it has been before it ships - they're anything from 350 to 400 fps before downgrading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

Thanks for that, yeah it was Ehobby and I think it was firing at 350, mailed them off with a few quetsions and dont think Ill be buying from them, customer care may not be the best of their qualities

Since Im only new to this, I hadnt heard about the jg stock being hard to get
    Kinda off topic but can anyone recommend something along the lines of the G36c made by someone else but is around the same pricetag as the JG (€150)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Thanks for that, yeah it was Ehobby and I think it was firing at 350, mailed them off with a few quetsions and dont think Ill be buying from them, customer care may not be the best of their qualities

Since Im only new to this, I hadnt heard about the jg stock being hard to get
    Kinda off topic but can anyone recommend something along the lines of the G36c made by someone else but is around the same pricetag as the JG (€150)

SEAirsoft just announced they managed to get some in....Give Stephen or Fiona a shout and they'll fix you up. Its guaranteed under the Irish limit, and no extra hidden shipping or tax charges to pay.

And thanks Stephen :) When I saw you got some, I set my alarm for 4 AM and rang China to rip my supplier a new one...I'll have some next week now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Careful with whos shipping it too, if its ems itll go through heathrow and youll never see it again.

Buy from asia is great for accessorys, large selection and cheap prices, but for guns ill always buy irish, i buy off one retailer only, his customer service is second to none, only ever had 1 problem with a gun (its was only the mag) left it in for repairs, couldnt be repaired so i was handed a replacement no hassle. Cant argue with that.

If there was a certain gun available only online, id have a chat with some retailers and see if they could source it as a speical order. Under the limit and a place to go should there be any hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

Shiva wrote: »
    SEAirsoft just announced they managed to get some in....Give Stephen or Fiona a shout and they'll fix you up. Its guaranteed under the Irish limit, and no extra hidden shipping or tax charges to pay.

And thanks Stephen :) When I saw you got some, I set my alarm for 4 AM and rang China to rip my supplier a new one...I'll have some next week now :D

nice 1, was having a look at the hk416 but still cant keep my eyes off the g36c, itll be a nice spin down to new ross :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement