Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few Walkways for C&C

• 06-05-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

088E9C268AD6494AAB6FF5CF7D5B7122-800.jpg

B7B03C2FDD194603A5DF57F31C909983-800.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I can see what you are trying to do & like the lead in to each picture.

They both look to be way over processed to me. The sharpening is too much & there looks to be colour shifts from applying contrast. The highlights in the second image looks well burnt out.

What technique are you using for processing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Good potential but needs different processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

I used levels and hue/saturation. I always tend to go a bit heavy with the sharpening, need to learn to ease off :)
    I posted the orginals on pix. I was having dificulities with exposure as it was in the middle of the day and sunny.
    It would be great if someone wanted to have a go at processing them and let me know what they did. Im new enough to PS.
    In the second one I was going for in-focus in the foreground and blurry/dreamy in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Yeah, it doesn't need that much sharpening or contrast, tip (from experience and reading other advice) on sharpening: when all your edits are done, resize your image to the required size,
    ie. the DPI value (say 96dpi for the internet)
    then pixel width (say 1500*1000, or whatever),
    then......go to the Filter > Unsharp mask > pick a value like 150% or 200% and start the other slider at 0.2, then increase this slider while looking at the 100% viewer until acceptable sharpness is achieved !!
    /I hope all this makes sense ! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I always apply the Unsharp Mask at 500%, but do so through a mask as demostrated by Guy Gowan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

As above with the sharpening, I always love walkway and road way shots, theres almost somrthing mystical about them but I am not getting it with these, they are great shots, well composed, just the processing has kept that attraction away.

If it was me I would soften, I would also chose an area that you want to be the centre of attention with a high level of feathering, invert and then fo a slight gaussian blur and maybe increased contrast and that should make them more magical! One that always springs to mind and has been a favourite shot of mine for quite some time is a roadway shot taken by Yogibear last year at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I like the idea of them definetly. Just goes to show how different two people can process a shot. I took practically an identical shot to yours but we both ended up with different shots as you can see below

3302672507_0130eff6fd.jpg

Very nice dar_d, must be a popular place :)

I tried processing again. I think they are bit better. C&C again please.

BAAC89EB413D4DD18993E6156B1BB9D2-800.jpg

2A49DCC8189A49E59932A0E3CA35B22D-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

the originals seem to be gone. would it be an idea to reinstate to allow people compare?

• Advertisement

****, I deleted the first ps'd shots from pix. I have uploaded them again but now I cant update the links in the original post. I have added the original ps'd (NOT GREAT) shots to this post. If the mods could add these links to the original post it would be great:cool:

857341234DD1432993B20C867F44E8B9-800.jpg

4C54EED387FF4D2DBBBE5F97517DD782-800.jpg

Advertisement