Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXILIM Pro EX-F1 question

• 06-05-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm really into high speed photography and i'm looking getting the EXILIM Pro EX-F1,

Would anyone advise against it? the 60FPS would be super to have as at the moment i'm only using a 3.4fps DSLR.

Also this has 1200fps movie recording, so I could do alot with that as well. (granted low res) but it does have HD 1080i recording,

1 more thing. What size Memory cards can it take ?

oh and 1 more thing, With the camera i have now i can take 3.5FPS for about 30 images, then is stops to process them,, The EXILIM Pro EX-F1 does 60FPS. how long will it take them for ? just 1 shot of 60 or can it do more ?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Some information here.

Seems to take SDHC cards & will buffer 60 images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

The purpose of this information isn't to educate you about cameras or suggest ones that may address your needs; it's to show you that there are probably far better avenues of inquiry for your problem than blindly asking vague questions on a message board.

First and foremost: Google; you'll probably find an answer to your question much faster if you actually look for one as opposed to wait and hope someone provides one for you. Also, there is already a sticky called "FAQs - Read this before posting!!!" that contains much information you will probably find useful including the first item, titled "What camera should I buy?".

If you have a general inquiry about what kind of camera might be appropriate for your needs: there is already a huge amount of information available on what kind of camera may be right for you. At time of writing, the first two results are "How to Buy a Digital Camera" and "Should you buy a DSLR or Point and Shoot Digital Camera?"; this information probably addresses any sort of generic question you may have about buying a digital camera.

If you have an enquiry about a specific model of camera or about what model of camera may be appropriate for your needs and budget: consult Amazon. Amazon maintains a list of their most popular cameras and also offers information on and reviews of a vast number of cameras. If you want to know what others think of a camera: search for it on Amazon and read the reviews.

It is important to understand that there are a huge number of models of cameras, particularly smaller, cheaper, consumer-level cameras. It is very, very unlikely that someone who frequents this message board has had extensive experience with the exact model of camera you are considering buying and will be able to provide any information other than a cursory opinion on whether or not it may meet a specific requirement you have stipulated.

If you honestly believe you have reasonably exhausted several rational lines of inquiry your question is most welcome, but please try and make it as specific and informative as possible with regards to your existing knowledge in the matter, budget, and needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

charybdis wrote: »
    The purpose of this information isn't to educate you about cameras or suggest ones that may address your needs; it's to show you that there are probably far better avenues of inquiry for your problem than blindly asking vague questions on a message board.

First and foremost: Google; you'll probably find an answer to your question much faster if you actually look for one as opposed to wait and hope someone provides one for you. Also, there is already a sticky called "FAQs - Read this before posting!!!" that contains much information you will probably find useful including the first item, titled "What camera should I buy?".

If you have a general inquiry about what kind of camera might be appropriate for your needs: there is already a huge amount of information available on what kind of camera may be right for you. At time of writing, the first two results are "How to Buy a Digital Camera" and "Should you buy a DSLR or Point and Shoot Digital Camera?"; this information probably addresses any sort of generic question you may have about buying a digital camera.

If you have an enquiry about a specific model of camera or about what model of camera may be appropriate for your needs and budget: consult Amazon. Amazon maintains a list of their most popular cameras and also offers information on and reviews of a vast number of cameras. If you want to know what others think of a camera: search for it on Amazon and read the reviews.

It is important to understand that there are a huge number of models of cameras, particularly smaller, cheaper, consumer-level cameras. It is very, very unlikely that someone who frequents this message board has had extensive experience with the exact model of camera you are considering buying and will be able to provide any information other than a cursory opinion on whether or not it may meet a specific requirement you have stipulated.

If you honestly believe you have reasonably exhausted several rational lines of inquiry your question is most welcome, but please try and make it as specific and informative as possible with regards to your existing knowledge in the matter, budget, and needs.

What ?

honestly What ?

Budget ? ... I'm considering buying it.. so why do you need to know my budget, Needs? I clearly stated high speed photography. Your new here, So i'll leave it,

I'm looking for someone on this site thats used it, So there views are always better,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Pffft. You're looking for help. With an attitude like that?

Who's to say charybdis isn't an expert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Posters should feel free to ignore any advice that they don't find useful. Specifically, all advice on thread should be received in the context of a post intended to be helpful to the OP. If you don't find it helpful then you don't have to absorb it.

One of the great issues with bulletin boards, chat, emails, or non verbal communications is that it can be quite easy to misinterpret the tone of what is being advised because you miss out on all the visuals and the opportunity to discuss / debate in real time.

Should any poster have issues with a response to a thread then please use the report post feature. All reported posts are investigated and for many (not all) you will get direct feedback from one of the forum moderators.

Please play nice. This forum is welcoming of all levels of photography and associated knowledge.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement