Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all voucher refused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pwhite587 wrote: »
    Generally, a very satisfactory reaction from the hotel i must admit.

Glad you got it sorted, but don't forgot they are just giving you what you were entitled to in the first place!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whippet wrote: »
    Not necessaraly, the hotel may have requested that they be removed from the list and One4All hadn't updated their records

So say All4One print their 2009 booklets in January and the hotel asks to be removed in April you think All4One should re-print thousands of 2009 booklets again in May?

Your kidding me right?
    Its still not All4One's issue and even talking about taking them to the small claims court over such a minor thing is just crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

i would have offered them the voucher or nothing- u lost out when you backed down and paid by credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Cabaal wrote: »
    So say All4One print their 2009 booklets in January and the hotel asks to be removed in April you think All4One should re-print thousands of 2009 booklets again in May?

As I said earlier, they still list a shop which closed in January 2008, so they don't seem to put that much effort into making sure it is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    There really was no way the hotel could have taken the voucher, they have no way of even checking the balance.

The vouchers cah be checked online. we used to get these in the shop i worked in and even though our terminal didnt take the card we were able to use next doors machine. we checked the balance on each card first then got the cash from them.

https://gvs.prepaideurope.com/content/portlet/gvs/login.html use the card verification number on the back of the card as the password.

this is an instant balance too. once the card is swiped and approved it shows the new balance on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

madmik wrote: »
    i would have offered them the voucher or nothing- u lost out when you backed down and paid by credit card

I almost certainly would have if i was on my own but in the circumstances, starting a major arguement and being held up there for a period of time wasn't really an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Photojoe

Your kidding me right?
    Its still not All4One's issue and even talking about taking them to the small claims court over such a minor thing is just crazy

No its not. People are talking here of hotels not dealing with one4all due to non payment. Its not up to the consumer to adjudicate between companies.

As far as the small claims court is concerned they will side with the consumer and leave it up to the businesses to fight over blame. I went to court for something very similar. I ended up suing the business who were least at fault and I won easily. You clearly don'tknow much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Photojoe wrote: »
    As far as the small claims court is concerned they will side with the consumer and leave it up to the businesses to fight over blame. I went to court for something very similar. I ended up suing the business who were least at fault and I won easily. You clearly don'tknow much.

The fact you had to go to the small claims court over something so small clearly shows your unable to make a proper logical and solid complaint against a company.

If you had you would have got it resolved without the need to waste your time even further by heading to small claims, but sure if that's the way you play life work away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Had this issue before and the problem is because it was a card. All the places listed in the booklet take the vouchers, but (and as stated on the booklet) only some of them accept the card.

I can't see how the OP would win going down the legal route as the booklet does state that not all places accept the card, so for that reason, the emphasis was on the OP to check whether or not the hotel accepted the card.

Basically, the small print is the key here. Lesson learned? Well, for me, I will never go near a One4all Card ever again, and possibly not even the vouchers (as a matter of principle).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Photojoe

The fact you had to go to the small claims court over something so small clearly shows your unable to make a proper logical and solid complaint against a company.

If you had you would have got it resolved without the need to waste your time even further by heading to small claims, but sure if that's the way you play life work away :D

Do you know anything about the case? No.
    Then shut up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement