Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick You're (Becoming) a Lady!

Options
  • 06-05-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

I was in the city centre recently and the new, upgraded streets at the junction of Thomas Street, Catherine Street and Little Catherine Street, are looking great. There's a thriving café culture there with lots of coffee shops, bistros and interesting shops. Well done to the city council, workers and local people for the improvements. The place is transformed and the atmosphere is brilliant. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That whole area does look well now, to it's credit. O Connell St & William St are kips in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Will'um street I reckon will look very nice if the plans
    for it eventually get carried out.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Yeah I think it looks great.

Limerick always had great street structure regarding traffic congestion. But, when they pedestrianised most of Thomas street it caused a lot of congestion. I'm not trying to take away from the other aspects of the pedestrianised Thomas street but its just a nuisance to me. And one thing they took away in the meantime was the thomas street rank which was the busiest and handiest. Guess what job I'm involved in at the moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

bullets wrote: »
    Will'um street I reckon will look very nice if the plans
    for it eventually get carried out.

~B

Where can I see these plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

And I see Bank of Ireland are putting a plush new front on there O'Connell Street Branch. It's nice to see out increased Taxes are being put to good use! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Firefox10 wrote: »
    And I see Bank of Ireland are putting a plush new front on there O'Connell Street Branch. It's nice to see out increased Taxes are being put to good use! :P

BOI won't be paying for that, the Landlord will. Should be a nice addition to that stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I agree - the work done really enhances the centre.

Such a pity about all the vacant units though :( Across from BT's looks awful - leaving the building work aside, Sarsfield Street and not to mention Patrick St....

Advertisement