Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Gormley's Green Party - New Lows of Repugnant Hypocrisy!

Options
  • 06-05-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

*Rant Warning: I am spitting with rage!*

Over the last week, Dave Robbins, the Green Party locals candidate in John Gormley's own constituency has illegally erected election posters well ahead of what is allowed. Does Gormley have any problems with this; no he actually welcomes it! (See below). :mad:

Clearly election posters, Robbins had a little white notice about a sale, which was subsequently removed once it became legal for election posters to be up. Hence it is clear, (as I believe the law will adjudicate), the posters' primary purpose is for electioneering - as is clearly evidenced by the posters being left en situ once campaigning became official.

This is a rotten, rotten move by what is supposed to be an "environmental party", as given they got an advantage this time round, it actively encourages the other parties to do this next time - otherwise all the strategic poster locations are gone. Well done Green Party in leading the way in flouting the laws.

But what does Gormley have to say about a matter that may also be of further embarrassment, given its his constituency and he is Minister for (?) the Environment? Well according to Mr Gormley, there was "nothing wrong with what he has done"... "It is perfectly legitimate. What we are trying to do is get the right balance to ensure people can poster. We will have fewer posters than any other party, simply because that is our philosophy, but secondly because we don't have as much money as other parties," he said... "I think that is worth bearing in mind. You have to remember that other parties are using bus shelters now and I see quite a number of them. That is something we can only dream of, given the amount of money we have."

For more, see:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/green-candidate-flouts-election-posters-rule-1727901.html

Bull, Mr Gormley, bullsh1t:

1) It is not legitimate,
    2) It is clearly not your "philosophy", but lack of finances that means there aren't more GP posters
    3) Political advertising is allowed at anytime on private advertisement hoardings, provided such hoardings are legally compliant regarding planning laws.

Hence not only does Gormley approve his own candidate in his own constituency leading the way in flouting litter laws, but also deceives the public by making spurious comparisons to what is lawful posters at bus shelters.

In the bigger scheme of things, I know this isn't a major issue - but it is seriously indicative of what is wrong with the political (lack of) leadership in this country; how can we trust such people on the bigger issues if they are so blatantly untrustworthy on the smaller matters, particularly when they have positioned themselves previously as setting standards on such matters?

Gormley is a hypocrite of the highest order for whom I voted for before; but more fool me - I'll never, never, never vote for him again or any party under his charge or with such repugnant hypocritical standards.

Death to the false flag operation of what's become the Irish "Green" Party :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What do you expect they have been mentored by the experts of "one rule for us and another rule for everyone else".

The Green Party is dead, long live Greena Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

[quote=ODS;60127631

We will have fewer posters than any other party, simply because that is our philosophy, "Green" Party :mad:[/quote]

Liar Just have a look at Swords this morning The Green candidate was on every lamp post ( but Hopefully not for long ) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I suppose it was "environmental" in that he re-used the posters. Far more hypocritical looking at it from a green perspective to have separate posters for the sale and for electioneering. Reduce Reuse Recycle after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Green Party are a complete joke. All they have done since they got in is what they think will win them votes rather than what is right for the environment. HYPOCRITES!
    Somebody vote them out PLEEEEASE!
    I can't take any more of their 'environmental charges' that actually do nothing for the environment:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

They are a funny bunch the Greens you either hate them or loath them !
    God do I hate the greens and everything they stand for !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

h yeah the greed and fall party

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well for anyone that wants to see the progression of the Greens into a "mature" political party that other parties could do business with look at what Gormley is reported as saying "Ahern could be first elected Dublin mayor"

A bit different from his Planet Bertie statement in 2007. What was that? the link doesn't work, but it's his own personal site. It's not like he's got anything to hide is it? Luckily enough, there are still records of his original planet Bertie speech. Hmmm looks like he hasn't got the party to delete the speech like he did on his own site.

But you've got to look at the bigger picture here it's about the green agend keeping Gormley et al in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

They are a funny bunch the Greens you either hate them or loath them !
    God do I hate the greens and everything they stand for !!

+1000%

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Bah,

It's nothing compared to the nonsense Finna Fail have been at for the last 100 years.

FFS the Party leader was openly taking bribes and people are attacking the greens?

Get your hate priority straight pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

So he is to ignore the fact that the Green Party are ignoring the ethos of the party and subscribing to suspect campaign tactics? It is possible to dislike more than one party. I don't know the OP but there is a chance he is firmly against Fianna Fail too. If we are ever to get a clean political system in this country then we need to point out failing in any and all political parties.

On a side note, a candidate for councillor in Cork put up his posters on Saturday night around the Sundays Well area. He was informed that for each of his 70 posters he would receive a €150 fine as the posters are considered litter until the election campaign officially began. As such he removed all posters on Sunday/Monday and then put them back up again. I am wondering why the Green Party's candidate was not threatened with similar action because in effect they did just place a lot of litter around the place until today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ODS wrote: »
    John Gormley's Green Party - New Lows of Repugnant Hypocrisy!

A party in cabinet with Fianna Fail hypocritical? Cynical? Repugnant? Nay, Sir, you are surely mistaken!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Bah,

It's nothing compared to the nonsense Finna Fail have been at for the last 100 years.

FFS the Party leader was openly taking bribes and people are attacking the greens?

Hmmmm from your Patricia McKenna thread
    As a green I've mixed feelings

Ah I see you've outed yourself and presumably that explains you telling him to shift his focus on FF instead. But of course if you were one of those who voted for Gormley to go into bed with FF then you can't be going on about how corrupt FF are. My problem with Gormley and others is that they knew exactly how corrupt FF are yet still chose to get into bed with them.

No more high ground for your lot, instead they are rightly being called hypocrites because for years one of their central tenets was cleaning up politics in this country. Yet the first time they come within sniffing distance of power they dropped any pretence of non corrupt politics with Eamon Ryans "We're not here to wash anyone's faces" statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

The green partydont have the same amount of money as other partys. They cant afford radio ads. So they have to put up posters

Advertisement