Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noooo My Faith In Ice Cream is Shattered!!!

Options
  • 06-05-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Gather round children for this is a tale of immense woe.

I moved to London last October, coming in to the depths of winter I had no need for ice creams or ice based lollies. But alas as the warmer summer months roll round, I have discovered that all the brands I know and love are in fact Ireland only creations and are no where to be seen on the mean streets of London.....

....no Wibbly Wobbly Wonder
    ....no Loop the Loop
    ....no Brunch
    ....no Ice Berger
    ....no Rocket

.... the list goes on. I had just about come to terms with the shocking favouritism of sweet popcorn to our beloved salted. But this, this is just too much to bear.

So for those of you exiled in far off lands what are the things you've realised are Irish specific, now that you've tried and failed to find them locally?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mother of God. That sounds as bad as penal times. Good luck with the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They're quear odd with their flavours alright. They consider 'ready salted' crip-ips a rocking good challenge to the tastebuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Am suffering the same fate as my fellow leixlipudlian :(
    Seriously why sweet popcorn? Ick! Can't find manhatten popcorn anywhere.
    Distinct lack of my favourite lollies.
    Have found an Irish pub nearby that sells tayto! mmm!
    Oh London, why dost thou torture me so?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No Brunches or ice Bergers?

:eek: I've changed my mind, I'm not moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

I live in London and I'm sure I've had a Brunch since I've been here. Definitely haven't seen the others though...shame, Ice Bergers are soooo delish :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

there's nothing better than an iceberger...

off to the shops it is.

oh ahem sorry for your loss etc etc

Advertisement