Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting Same-sex Marriage in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

signed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

I was going to sign but then the graphic at the top of the page put me off... revolution... excuse me while i throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

jady88 wrote: »
    I was going to sign but then the graphic at the top of the page put me off... revolution... excuse me while i throw up.
    This is the sickening-header-graphic-free version :) :
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/gay-ireland

I wonder has anything ever ever been set in motion thanks to the results of an internet petition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Online petitions are so bloody useless that they're counter productive. I've seen LGBT Noise people protesting regularly, they seem to have a clear and cohesive strategy on gay rights and gay marriage in particular, though I am not involved with their group.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

Also ask any MP's or councellors up for election their views on these subjects if they have been canvassing in your area. Let them know that they are representing LGB people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Reflector wrote: »
    Also ask any MP's.

0_o

I'd have to travel to find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Although it is always good to know someone's character in this regard, local councellors have no saw whatsoever in national marital law. Id prefer to talk to them about local issues.

MEPs are fair game, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BisexualGamer

do you have to be over 18 to sign it? and i think i've heard of online petitions working before but homophobes might argue that its possible for one person to sign it multiple times...

ps. i didn't realise there were so many LGBT people in ireland until i heard of pride, i wish i could have gone.

Advertisement