Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie or Vegan Partners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I'm a veggie guy. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

lalee17 wrote: »
    I'm a veggie guy. lol

soooo... picture?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Nahhhhh, I dunno how to post pics... *leaves quietly*

lalee17 wrote: »
    Nahhhhh, I dunno how to post pics... *leaves quietly*

hey, that was my excuse! u thief! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Tread carefully Tar.Aldarion, that almost sounds like an invitation :D
    A moderator can't be seen to fraternize with the troops :P
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Where did you grow up? On a commune? :D
    Much worse, Sligo! The funniest one is who who said he would never be vegetarian, I think maybe his girlriend has bossed him around.
    maameeo wrote: »
    hmmm, i wonder are all the male veggies 'hot studs'?!
    pix?? :P

Nope, I'm just a girl, I wouldn't know how!

• Advertisement

Nope, I'm just a girl, I wouldn't know how!

lol i was aiming the pix part at the hot veggie guys. lol
    if there is any :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

lol i was aiming the pix part at the hot veggie guys. lol
    if there is any :rolleyes:

We'll find some!

...eventually.

-lala- wrote: »
    We'll find some!

...eventually.

start a 'hot male veggie post your pictures here' thread maybe? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

start a 'hot male veggie post your pictures here' thread maybe? lol

I'd say it would be a pretty empty thread ;) You could try, but who would post?!? *keep on dreaming*

I'd say it would be a pretty empty thread ;) You could try, but who would post?!? *keep on dreaming*

lol, we live in hope :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hmmm, I think I do know a total of five veggie guys... I guess they do tend to be quiet about it, whereas I love telling people about me being vegan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PurplePossum

I dunno, I guess its a personal choice. Its like, if you're a non-smoker, do you date a smoker? Personally, I dont want the world to end up segregated off into smokers/non-smokers, meat eaters/non-meat eaters. My b/f both smokes and is an avid carnivore, neither of which I am. However he also loves veggie food, and doesnt smoke all the time, and when he does eat meat or smoke a lot, its not a biggie. So what a waste it would have been to dismiss the idea of dating someone utterly wonderful, but for a few part-time *vices* if you would call it that. Far more interesting to sample all the world has to offer, than to restrict ourselves to clones of ourselves. Without differences, the world would be a very boring place. So as being veggie is a personal choice, so is eating meat, so I dont see it as such a *ne'er the twain shall meet* unsurmountable barrier to getting to know someone wonderful. Usually being veggie is associated with being a bit alternative, open-minded, hippyish... rather than closing ourselves off from experiences/people, etc?? Each to their own though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I dunno, I guess its a personal choice. Its like, if you're a non-smoker, do you date a smoker? Personally, I dont want the world to end up segregated off into smokers/non-smokers, meat eaters/non-meat eaters. My b/f both smokes and is an avid carnivore, neither of which I am. However he also loves veggie food, and doesnt smoke all the time, and when he does eat meat or smoke a lot, its not a biggie. So what a waste it would have been to dismiss the idea of dating someone utterly wonderful, but for a few part-time *vices* if you would call it that. Far more interesting to sample all the world has to offer, than to restrict ourselves to clones of ourselves. Without differences, the world would be a very boring place. So as being veggie is a personal choice, so is eating meat, so I dont see it as such a *ne'er the twain shall meet* unsurmountable barrier to getting to know someone wonderful. Usually being veggie is associated with being a bit alternative, open-minded, hippyish... rather than closing ourselves off from experiences/people, etc?? Each to their own though!

I am very open-minded but animal cruelty, abuse and downright torture is not an experience I'd like to "open my mind" to.

jape wrote: »
    I am very open-minded but animal cruelty, abuse and downright torture is not an experience I'd like to "open my mind" to.

I'm not sure if eating meat, or even those involved in the meat industry, could be counted as engaging in *abuse and torture*. Plenty of animals and people in the world ARE exposed to abuse and torture, which I agree is downright abhorrent, while at least the meat industry is regulated to avoid or keep to the minimum such practices. I dont eat meat myself, but couldnt and wouldnt condemn those who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I'm not sure if eating meat, or even those involved in the meat industry, could be counted as engaging in *abuse and torture*. Plenty of animals and people in the world ARE exposed to abuse and torture, which I agree is downright abhorrent, while at least the meat industry is regulated to avoid or keep to the minimum such practices. I dont eat meat myself, but couldnt and wouldnt condemn those who do.

The cruelty is a lot more widespread than people think, especially in todays tougher market conditions where profits are more important than treating the animals fairly. Cramming chickens into tiny cages, pumping them with hormones to grow too fast, boiling them to de-feather them, etc , = cheaper to farm = more profits.

I would say the people involved in the meat industry are most definitely engaging in abuse and torture. And eating meat funds, promotes and encourages more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

I am a vegan and my boyfriend is a vegetarian. He is brilliant!! He makes vegan dinners practically all the time, the only exception really is when we make home made pizza and he adds cheese to his. But pretty much every day we eat vegan dinners together. Sometimes when we eat out he eats vegan with me and it gives me butterflies in my tummy (not literally cos that's gross) that he would do that. He's amazing *swoon*.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

And there ya go, finally read this thread through, and the pics thread can keep some of you ladies ticking over i guess...since a few of us posted a pic to prove we exist;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And there ya go, finally read this thread through, and the pics thread can keep some of you ladies ticking over i guess...since a few of us posted a pic to prove we exist;)

Our fake pics are working a treat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

shhhhh!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

Well first off Im a single male vegetarian.
    And I have only dated one vegetarian girl but I guess most of the reason for that was that we were the only veggies at the school we went to, that kind of school where you live and dont see other people than the people in the school. Dont know if you have school like this in Ireland but we have many in Norway. Anyway other than her I have been dating only meaters and the part that I have been a vegetarian have been a problem in almost every one of my relationships so now Im staying single instead of dating meaters since I dont see the point in that anymore, but I am looking for a nice veggie girl just so you know :D

• Advertisement

I like that expression. Meat eaters = "meaters" :-)

Finally someone that like that word, meaters dont like it to much :D They dont like to be put in a box, well I think that they put us in a box so then we should do the same to them, hahaha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

while at least the meat industry is regulated to avoid or keep to the minimum such practices.

I see where you're coming from but the meat industry really isn't properly regulated at all in terms of animal cruelty in the vast majority of countries and even when it is the "acceptable" standards within the law are still down right abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Podge was eating meat when we got together after years of vegetarianism in an effort to put a few pounds on (he's got a teenage girly arse) and fairly swiftly got back into it with me although I had to struggle alone on the path to puritanical veganism over the last few years now the doctor told him his has to go vegan for his heart muhahaha cosmic justice I love it! Now I can nag him bout eating nearly everything thats bad for him and be like well the doctor says so too it's not just me it's great! (he's always saying that I'm just an extremo-nutritionist type and take the healthy eating thang too far)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I like that expression. Meat eaters = "meaters" :-)

"meater" is now my new favourite word, and I'm making it my goal for the day to use it in a conversation!

phic wrote: »
    "meater" is now my new favourite word, and I'm making it my goal for the day to use it in a conversation!

That is so cool, good that some of the words that I have taken with me from Norway will adapt in this country :D

Well if we are veggies, it makes sense that they are meaters. I will try to adopt it into my lingo!

Podge was eating meat when we got together after years of vegetarianism in an effort to put a few pounds on (he's got a teenage girly arse) !

Admit it you love it! :pac:

Xandrius wrote: »
    Anyway other than her I have been dating only meaters and the part that I have been a vegetarian have been a problem in almost every one of my relationships

Really? Do you mind me asking how it was a problem?
    Like I said, I went out with a vegetable phobic farmer. And it was never an issue.

Oooh old thread. I suppose I would prefer going out with a veggie, because it was nice, handy, common etc but I doubt that would ever stop me if I liked somebody. It is something I would be very attracted to though, but so are a lot of traits.
    Luckily most are girls. :-p

• Advertisement

See the thing about you Tara, is that you like meat.
    Would you be tempted over to darkside, if someone had it around you all the time?

Advertisement