Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie or Vegan Partners

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Like meat...no...Love meat...yes!

Nope I wouldn't think I would revert, maybe others would. As happened with the guy you were talking about. I won't do things I don't agree with. I'm ridiculously steadfast in my ethics, ie stubborn fool. :)
    Seems to happen the opposite way around me, nearly all my childhood friends are vegetarians/vegans now. Just 2 friends that I hang out with are not, and one has been talking about becoming vegetarian now. We iz plague! Dunno about a partner though as I tend to like strong willed ones, so maybe no converting there. :p

Hhmm my veggie sister has been talking about not seeing herself as a veggie forever.
    The boyfriend isn't veggie, and it would handy if they ate the same apparently.
    She has even tried chicken because he wanted her to. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I hear you on the strong willed. People who try to control or influence me or others. Bug the bejasus out of me.
    So I doubt anyone I would get along with enough to go out with, would be interested in moulding moi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It might depend on why the person became veggie etc, I would have strong moral objections, moreso than most veggies I'd say. She never tried chicken before? Was she veggie from very young?
    Although it is handy to eat the same, I would like to come up with something you can both eat when cooking or just have your own meals, because then you always have what you want, oh yeahhhhh. Relationships are where I have seen most people change what they eat, so i'd say it does have an affect all right.

This is the thing, She is a veggie because she is a real animal lover type.
    I think chicken came into it because it was there at the time.
    I actually was too busy going :eek: to ask.

I iz animal lover too, had a kitten sleeping on me there. :p
    I'm surprised she tried it but her partner would have a big sway over her, love and all that jazz. If she wants to, she wants to. I've known one person to go back only.

• Advertisement

Yes she can do what she wants......but eeuuww!

I just had the first potatos, from what has been renamed the veggie patch.
    (After seeing the garden in Khrystna land)

~sighs contentedly~

What what, gimme! I can't wait to start my own veggie patch one day, a friend wants to do it with me too. My own paul brand potatoes, ooooh yaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Podge just gave me Cornacopia's cookbook for our five year anniversary I'm very pleased! :D Definately reccomend it for anyone who hasn't got it already, not a vast quantity of recipes but very enjoyable to read the bits of waffle in between

Congrats on anniversary, today is it? :) I have read a good bit of it, although at somebodies house, I don't have it. I really enjoy reading the story more than the recipes.

Podge just gave me Cornacopia's cookbook for our five year anniversary I'm very pleased! :D Definately reccomend it for anyone who hasn't got it already, not a vast quantity of recipes but very enjoyable to read the bits of waffle in between

I want that so bad. I must start harping on about it....My birthday is coming up.

Happy anniversary you too! @)

• Advertisement
Advertisement