Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open On TV - Tonight + Every Wednesday @ 11.30pm, TG4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 swilson

Is there somewhere on the net to stream videos of the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 swilson

TG4 are showing repeats of their programmes online but the irish open seems to be the only programme missing. Surely there is somewhere we can watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I saw a repeat on TG4 of last week's episode one of the nights but I can't remember what night it was. Check the tv listings up to Sunday and it should be there some night.
    Edit: 1.35pm Sunday morning, maybe SkyPlus it? http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/scei/scei.asp?Dt=2009-5-16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

I actually got very bored of the whole thing to be honest. Very little action, started late and one of the commentators was annoying the hell out of me. Gold did try and liven things up a little but it wasn't enough to make it good. Don't know if I'll bother tuning in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

Its also on ITV4 starting Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We will upload the episodes to PokerTube and Poker Channel Europe in the near future - probably not until after the episodes are shown on UK TV (they start on May 17th on ITV4).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Bepe Di Marco thinks a lot of himself for some reason

I was at that table from the start up until 10 mins before it got moved to the TV table. Myself and Liam Flood didnt make it to the stage :rolleyes:

I think he plays really weak, esp post flop. He has a FML attitude and let a couple of beats (well flip losses) play on his mind for ages. Pretty transparent player and a treat to have at the table

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I was at that table from the start up until 10 mins before it got moved to the TV table. Myself and Liam Flood didnt make it to the stage :rolleyes:

I think he plays really weak, esp post flop. He has a FML attitude and let a couple of beats (well flip losses) play on his mind for ages. Pretty transparent player and a treat to have at the table

+1

But not for the same reasons as you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

why do some people think they are brilliant at poker when they are dealt Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    why do some people think they are brilliant at poker when they are dealt Kings

What do they think when they are dealt aces?

• Advertisement

Probably feel like Kings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

lillou wrote: »
    good show. how many more weeks is it on for?

6 more weeks.

Last nights was prob the weakest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Recorded the show at work and was looking forward to watching it this morning, what a letdown.. EPT shows are ten times better, that DP fella is the worst commentator of anything I've ever seen, his voice absolutely goes through my head and he hasn't a clue what he's on about, only good thing was Neil Channing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched half of it last night. DP needs some poker lessons. That slapping noise you could hear from time to time was Neil Channing doing a facepalm.

Haha...did I hear right when he said 10 9 was a good hand at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Yeah the DP fellow, he said a 5 would make it interesting turn card when some chap was all in with K3 on a 44J (or some other uncoordinated card) agianst AQ.
    I had to pause the TV and rewind (NTL allows you to rewind btw ) I couldn't figure out how in the love of Jaysus a 5 would add any more interest to the hand.
    Now I was tipsy but I could only figure out that DP thought he could use one of the 4s as a wild card to make a possible straight on the river. His voice is like a character that Harry Enfield might come up with.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Mr E wrote: »
    That slapping noise you could hear from time to time was Neil Channing doing a facepalm.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Yeah the DP fellow, he said a 5 would make it interesting turn card when some chap was all in with K3 on a 44J (or some other uncoordinated card) agianst AQ.
    I had to pause the TV and rewind (NTL allows you to rewind btw ) I couldn't figure out how in the love of Jaysus a 5 would add any more interest to the hand.
    Now I was tipsy but I could only figure out that DP thought he could use one of the 4s as a wild card to make a possible straight on the river. His voice is like a character that Harry Enfield might come up with.

:D:D

Only got around to watching it myself this morning....you are right about that DP bloke, and i done the rewind a few times also, there was a hand early, KcKx v 7x7x,flop comes 44x, 2 clubs, x turn, club and somehow, according to DP and Channing 77 was left with only 1 out, the 7c would have been an ugly card.....HELLO !!! Post production !!!

Another annoying thing, they are sitting at a TV table, stick their hole cards on the fecking screen BEFORE they make their raise.

Yeah the more I think about it the more it seems to be a total shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Tg4 rivals espn for bull and little poker.Terrible show

• Advertisement

It's an 8 show series so one episode is bound to be weaker than the others.

What I would say is that from listening to the production team and their communications with us, episodes one and two were always marked as the weakest.

I hope it doesn't stop people from tuning in next week.

Seems to be a bit silly to have the first couple of episodes as the weak ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Seems to be a bit silly to have the first couple of episodes as the weak ones.

we had considered showing the conclusion of the final table in the first episode but we were worried that it might spoil the series a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

we had considered showing the conclusion of the final table in the first episode but we were worried that it might spoil the series a little bit.

LOL nice one , like showing the Titanic sinking at the start of the movie. ( it would have saved me some life hours though) :D

roflcopter

You know exactly what I meant. I'm talking about the lack of editing etc. What spoils the series is the whole backwardness of it all tbh.

roflcopter

You know exactly what I meant. I'm talking about the lack of editing etc. What spoils the series is the whole backwardness of it all tbh.

I think "spoiled" is a bit ott.

Just used 'spoils' as he used it tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

my teacher used to tell me that empty vessels made most noise.

Harsh on DP tbh.

• Advertisement

And wait, how hard is it to edit out some of the obvious mistakes ffs? :D No, not hard at all.

Advertisement