Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open On TV - Tonight + Every Wednesday @ 11.30pm, TG4

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Well I was disappointed with the first two installments but I'll be tuning in for all 8 episodes, just hopefully it'll be a learning curve for next year. That DP fella has to go, I'm finding it hard to stick him. Neil Channing is great though, very witty. I'll save total judgement till I see another episode or two.

Harsh on DP tbh.

What's harsh? His name being Double Penetration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Yea DP should stick to sky imo, they obviously "get him" over there, even the Irish guy that used to do the EPT would be better than DP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I know a year is a long time in tv, but any suggestions for an anchorman?

Besides Will Ferrell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

^^ Bart Hanson and its not close. Watch the recent Aussie Millions cash game coverage for his showreel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

oleras wrote: »
    Only got around to watching it myself this morning....you are right about that DP bloke, and i done the rewind a few times also, there was a hand early, KcKx v 7x7x,flop comes 44x, 2 clubs, x turn, club and somehow, according to DP and Channing 77 was left with only 1 out, the 7c would have been an ugly card.....HELLO !!! Post production !!!

Another annoying thing, they are sitting at a TV table, stick their hole cards on the fecking screen BEFORE they make their raise.

Was surprised that channing didn't correct him but i guess he didn't want to show DP up too much...

I know a year is a long time in tv, but any suggestions for an anchorman?

Besides Will Ferrell...

Brian Fantana? :D

Seriously, the Irish guy who did the EPT was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Who was the Irish guy in the red hoody, was his name Dave Murphy? Is he a boardsie?

Dave147 wrote: »
    Brian Fantana? :D

Seriously, the Irish guy who did the EPT was good.

Colin Murray?

tbh I think Emmet Kennedy who anchored the commentary for the stream was brilliant. It was his first ever poker commentary (radio presenter on local Cork station) and he was excellent for the whole weekend, anchored for long long hours and was as enthusiastic in the last minute as the first. I'm sure all the guest commentators on the stream would agree.

I think he'd do a great job on the tv gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

bantee wrote: »
    Who was the Irish guy in the red hoody, was his name Dave Murphy? Is he a boardsie?

I think that was Stephen Murphy from Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

this is on the box again tonight - Padraig takes over the mic tonight.

I havent seen it yet but we are told that tionights is very good and the first tv table features Jamie Gold, Phil Laak, BigMickG, Jason Thompkins, Ken Doherty - the coverage from this is supposed to be cracking.

Who has Padraig taken over for? Have set this for record on sky so hopefully it'll be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Dave147 wrote: »
    Who has Padraig taken over for? Have set this for record on sky so hopefully it'll be good.

Mr.Channing i assume.

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

has this made it ti the internet yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Great. I'd forgotten about it until I saw it bumped here.
    Channing is good. I've learned from him not to play JQo under the gun. ;)
    I like the extras, like the guys playing golf last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Has any one seen it tonight,the commentor is a total spa,"its a fiddy fiddy situation" is he a gangster or what?I liked jamie gold in this,he usually pisses me off, loved the way he shoved with notihng and said to laak "you wouldnt be trying to steal my blind".For what its worth I think gold played ok, method in his maddness,way better than laak.That shove with 94 was unreal like he didnt even think about it.

also ken reraise with top set no draws on board was crazy what was he at?

All in all a good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

wish Ken had played his set of AA like that against me...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Damn missed last nights episode, is it up on the net anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

This D.P Fitzgerald is some clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ur man doing the commentary sent me on life tilt last night. The table was better last night but commentary was way worse at some points they were just talking about random stuff instead of the hads being played. Thought gold was intresting. laak played some hands very poorly and is gifting chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Didnt know bigmickg was a nit who got himself blinded down to 8bb before he had to push with Ace rag...shame on you!

Editing ftw....not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

More importantly, is he big?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Didnt know bigmickg was a nit who got himself blinded down to 8bb before he had to push with Ace rag...shame on you!

Editing ftw....not

lol ye i was surprised it didnt show any of the hands i played. wanted to see what ken had in one of them. didnt play many in fairness but played at least 3 before my exit hand. totally card dead though and very hard to pick spots in between laak and gold

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Please bring back Neil Channing to the commentary box, even if it means bringing him over from England and re-doing the rest of the episodes.

The commentary last night was uber tilting. At times, they were just talking absolute random crap and talkng over the action in the hands.

Also, Laak is a donkey and WTF was with him not putting his cards over the glass so you could see what he had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Yeah the more I think about it the more it seems to be a total shambles.

Yeah, I'm still going to go along with this.

Advertisement