Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfly on the corrib ?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

any sign of the mayfly up on the corrib ? , probably well early but heading that direction for the weekend for a spot of dapping !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Very few (anglers) out this week cos of the stormy weather, but there were some hatches last week so there should be a lot more this week. Conditions improving for the weekend so you've a good chance on the dap... will still be plenty of olives about too so if you're not getting fish on the mayfly try olive patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sfinn

Mayfly up in top lake. But the fish are not looking at them. Was at Dorrus last Sunday and there was a good hatch but no takers. The last week has not helped with cold weather.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flah

happy to report they are up, but still scarce - spent 3 hours 4.30 - 7.30 got three takers but all well under the reqd 13 inches

boys on the pier said same as , though one lost what he reckons was a 6lber

down agian in 2 weeks where it will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

very little mayfly about, but caught a fish on buzzards, it was very bright the weekend,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Sfinn wrote: »
    Mayfly up in top lake. But the fish are not looking at them. Was at Dorrus last Sunday and there was a good hatch but no takers. The last week has not helped with cold weather.

S

I heard there was a few huge hatches yesterday but again, very little fish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I was on Lough owel yesterday.
    There are a couple of mayfly about already, but the duck fly is still up in significant numbers and that's what the trout were taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭doctorjohn

Lads,
    The place is alive at the moment with the best hatches of mayfly I have ever seen. Lots of healthy fine fish being caught on the dap. It is at its peak or past its peak at present. The wind or sometimes lack of it has made catching a bit tougher. I'm feckin' freezin' and need to thaw out after a long day on the lake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'm heading to north corrib on saturday week, hopefully it continues

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Great fishing on Lough Ree at the moment. Friends of mine were there during the week getting trout 4lbs +

Advertisement