Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stone in limerick/tipperary region?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

At the moment there is NO drainage in the garden. Due to an unforseen 'holiday' this June I want to tackle this problem. I have been reading up on it and have a fair idea of what I need to do.

My question is can someone please advise me as to where I would buy the stone needed for filling in over the drainage pipes? I am living in the Castleconnel area. Also does anyone know is it vastly cheaper to collect than it is to have it delivered?

One last question, could someone please tell me what the name is for the type of stone I need? Most websites on this seem to be from America and I don't want to be totally confused if they don't call it the same thing here.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Is there really no helpanyone can give me in this matter?

I tried to ring a few quarries in the yellow pages and was told on each occasion they don't deal in amounts less than 10 ton. way way more than i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

We did a drainage job in the garden and used one tonne of gravel, as far as I know we got it from chadwicks.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

try mcgills beduse roadstone on the dublin road, they'll deiver ton bags of most anything you need, have gotten ton bags of hardcore, sand and decorative stone from them before

Advertisement