Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

equivocation = appearence vs reality?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone could please tell me if equivocation and appearence vs reality in terms of writing an essay about Macbeth are closely enough related that you could interlink the two?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Yeah...!

Equivocation is about the witches with their prophecies and paltering in double sense, and appearance v reality is more of the same really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

poisonated wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was wondering if someone could please tell me if equivocation and appearence vs reality in terms of writing an essay about Macbeth are closely enough related that you could interlink the two?
    Thanks

in appearence (that doesn't look right but it matches what you have!) the witches are prophesising a good thing for MB, but in reality there mystical announcement lead him to his downfall.

Advertisement