Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bed Appartment €235,000

Options
  • 06-05-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Todays price last years price €395,00 realistic how much more would you expect this property to go before bottoming out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Personallly speaking, I wouldn't pay more than €160,000 for a two bedroom apartment unless it's in a prime, prime location. There's shoe-boxes in Stocking Wood - which is basically at the foot of the Dublin mountains and miles away from any kind of ammenities or civilization and they're looking for €240,000 on the affordable housing - which brings all it's own kind of hassles and problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Todays price last years price €395,00 realistic how much more would you expect this property to go before bottoming out??

Between €1 and €100,000, It's an impossible question to answer really...It also does not help you dont give a location are any general info at all.

Seriously, I think there should be a sticky on 'how much do you think the property I'm interested in is going to drop' to save binary. (although there is a good few stickies already :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

Around the Dublin13 Area north city!

Around the Dublin13 Area north city!

Ah, Clongriffin more then likely :D !

Look, if you dont need to buy at the moment then dont. Prices are falling, they have been and are currently, however if you see a property you want then buy it.

Having any ideas of a perspective property increasing in value should even enter the fray. All you need to be concerned about is how many years do I want to pay my mortgage in as there'll be a hell of a difference between €235k and €160k or lower. In my opinion, I believe I'll buy a new 2bed apartment in Dublin for under €140k (I'll let the market prove me wrong).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

160k would be ideal for what im happy to pay! That would be asking for another 60k drop in a year which i would have the right amount of savings

• Advertisement

160k would be ideal for what im happy to pay! That would be asking for another 60k drop in a year which i would have the right amount of savings

Funny thing is, if you put in an offer of €160k today it'd probably be accepted (or close to it).

Advertisement