Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which former wwe star would you like to see back in the wwe

• 06-05-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Which former wwe star would you like to see back in the wwe
    For me
    Paul London
    Tomco
    and TheRock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

If it's all time then

Rock
    Lesnar
    Angle

Can't think of anymore at the moment. I would have put Austin in their except he's physically not able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Rock

Kurt Angle

Bret Hart

Marty Jannetty

Lita

Paul London

SCSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

RVD, love to see him return some day

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Rock and Mick Foley.
    Either would be great, together would be sublime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

SCSA
    Rock
    Lesnar
    Trish
    Lita
    RVD
    Angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

All the bookers and writers from back in the mid/late 90s.

C-B-G wrote: »

what even russo and ferrera?? surely not:eek:

what even russo and ferrera?? surely not:eek:

Why not?

Yeah sure they were a little controversial but could you imagine the era of "attitude" without them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The Rock and Brock Lesnar. Hart, Hogan Foley, and Austin would be shadows of their former selves, and Im almost certain Angle is mentally unstable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Rock and Brock Lesnar. Hart, Hogan Foley, and Austin would be shadows of their former selves, and Im almost certain Angle is mentally unstable.

Could probably say the rock would be a shadow of himself. To long out of the ring now.

Guys who are active like Lesnar or RVD could do well goin forward. Neither are in a position to come back at the minute.

Suppose we are still running with the nostalgia buzz so........

Why not?

Yeah sure they were a little controversial but could you imagine the era of "attitude" without them?

no your right, russo was a definate catalyst of the attitude era.. but what has he done since?? he was a product of the right guy, in the right place,at the right time, his writing/booking wouldnt work now in the era of the politically correct, pg-13 wwe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Van Dam and the Rock everytime ...............................................

and Billy Gunn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Russo worked as long as he had someone there to tell him "No, that is a sh*t idea!", something that he didn't always have with WWE, especially in 1999 (Kennel From Hell anyone?).

Russos bad ideas unfortunately outweighed his good ones.

no your right, russo was a definate catalyst of the attitude era.. but what has he done since?? he was a product of the right guy, in the right place,at the right time, his writing/booking wouldnt work now in the era of the politically correct, pg-13 wwe

Thats the basis of my point, if you got them back and replaced whoever is there now then there probably would be no more PG-Era to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Steve Austin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Could probably say the rock would be a shadow of himself. To long out of the ring now.

Guys who are active like Lesnar or RVD could do well goin forward. Neither are in a position to come back at the minute.

Suppose we are still running with the nostalgia buzz so........
    The Rock is still in good shape, tho.

I'd agree with others and say Van Dam would be great too, although I doubt he'd ever be able to regain his lost status. He'd probably get stuck in the IC/US bracket again.

Another I'd like to see back is Booker T. He was quality on Smackdown.

Thats the basis of my point, if you got them back and replaced whoever is there now then there probably would be no more PG-Era to deal with.

I don't buy that, cos the most of the writers that are there now, especially on the RAW brand are the same guys they've had for the last six or so years. The writers don't call the ratings, that's down to Vince.

hell id love to see that too dude, but it seems wwe caters more to there stockholders then there fans, so the PG-ERAs gonna last!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this is veering OT but how strict is the PG labelling i.e if a WWE angle went too far with the divas or blood etc could they have it revoked or kicked up a notch for a certain time period.

• Advertisement

hell id love to see that too dude, but it seems wwe caters more to there stockholders then there fans, so the PG-ERAs gonna last!!

Is a ten year old not a fan? Ten year olds love the show. They are fans too ya know. Personally i think overall wwe are trying to cater for all fans, young, old, male female and everything in between. But thats for another thread......... sorry

I'd like to see matt morgan back, they never used him properly, same for london. Also Monty Brown could do well if he came back.

this is veering OT but how strict is the PG labelling i.e if a WWE angle went too far with the divas or blood etc could they have it revoked or kicked up a notch for a certain time period.

Well they have covered themselves there, its PG V. TV-PG "PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED. THE PROGRAM MAY CONTAIN INFREQUENT COARSE LANGUAGE, LIMITED VIOLENCE, SOME SUGGESTIVE SEXUAL DIALOGUE AND SITUATIONS."

V for moderate violence (previously referred as medium level violence) (mild references of blood, bullying, gunshots, guns)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Is a ten year old not a fan? Ten year olds love the show. They are fans too ya know. Personally i think overall wwe are trying to cater for all fans, young, old, male female and everything in between. But thats for another thread......... sorry

I'd like to see matt morgan back, they never used him properly, same for london. Also Monty Brown could do well if he came back.

Elijah Burke would be another I would like to see got another shot, he was wasted the last time he was on the brand. Molly Holly would be another more realistic option I would like to see return as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

lol the writers don't decide the direction of the company or product, vince does

its like a debate i had on a bus going across america once, "man metallica would never have sold out if burton were still alive"

PG era or not, we have just witnessed two of the best wwe matches in years on back to back ppvs and not a drop of blood in sight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Kurt Angle, he possibly the greatest ever in the WWE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Havnt watched WWE in a while so forgive me if im way off here.

Shane O Mac??
    Bret
    Austin
    Angle
    The Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Kurt Angle, he possibly the greatest ever in the WWE.

Not Luger!?:eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Not Luger!?:eek:

Oh yeah Luger!

Yeah they should bring back Luger maybe he could be the new GM of Superstars :cool:

Oh yeah Luger!

Yeah they should bring back Luger maybe he could be the new GM of Superstars :cool:

Bring him and Zach Gowen back!
    CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Bring him and Zach Gowen back!
    CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!

With wait let me guess.... Da Crippletaker as the special referee? :rolleyes:

With wait let me guess.... Da Crippletaker as the special referee? :rolleyes:

Damn, am i that predictable?
    Personally I would have picked Vickie Guerrero, the one person in a wheelchair who doesn't need to be.

But hey, whatever floats your boat! :D

Even better Vickies wheelchair on a pole match, be like one of those Japanese matchs that goes on for almost a day PROFIT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

If you smell what the sock . . . is . . . cooking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

+1 Suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

he was never there
    but id pay STING a billion dollars to do 6 months in WWE
    to see him wrestler taker, shawn, triper, and maybe cena and/or edge
    even just the rumble thru to mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

1. Austin

2. Rock

3. Angle

Monty Brown or Rhyno

Only because i'd like to see Santinoa take the pounce or GORE!!

I can't believe nobody said Goldberg yet,He was great.Also,London and Elijah Burke.I would like to see what the WWE would do with Sting.

I can't believe nobody said Goldberg yet,He was great.Also,London and Elijah Burke.I would like to see what the WWE would do with Sting.

Goldberg was good.. In WCW.

In WWE he was as woeful as a dubliner trying to farm.

And Sting was never in WWE/F in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Goldberg was good.. In WCW.

In WWE he was as woeful as a dubliner trying to farm..

Ah that's brilliant, love it, consider it stolen!

Back on topic, The Dudley Boys were brilliant, never happen now but the Godfather always did it for me. Can I be controversial and say Matt Morgan?

Then there's the obvious The Rock, Stone Cold, RVD, etc.

• Advertisement

In WWE he was as woeful as a dubliner trying to farm.

LOL sorry for going off topic but this entertains me on so many levels .

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

how about Sid? if he lets is 100% he would be some what interesting to see again, his crazy promos..

Angle, while an amazing wrestling, is totally freaking nuts! Saying that WWE would keep him under control so it would make for some great matches. He's the top guy in TNA though so he ain't going any where soon, plus he's said a lot of crap about Vince, Trips, and Shawn over the last couple of years.

I wish Vader would have been given a decent run he was cool..

Advertisement