Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest an MMO for this summer?

• 06-05-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and a couple of my mates are lookin to try out an MMO this summer.
    What got our attention was reading about Mortal Online. But that doesnt look like it'll be out any time soon.
    So I started looking at Darkfall. At 1st it seemed like MO but with weaker visuals but the more I look into it and read about it. It really seems more like an MMO for the hard core people. For those in massive clans/guilds and so forth. And really not a good mmo for a bunch of lads to play. That and considering theres no free trial PLUS the amount of effort it take to even buy a copy is starting to cause me to look the other way.

I played and enjoyed Age of Conan last summer, I'm starting to think of maybe trying that again.

Is there any suggestions on other MMOs?

Must have PVP, and it must be released. Theres a few I'm interested in alright but they are not out yet.

Not interested in wow or war.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

if you want pvp get darkfall simple as that mate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Champions Online and Jumpgate Evolution are the only two that are due out this summer that i can think of off the top of my head. Have you tried Eve Online?
    neilk32 wrote: »
    if you want pvp, try to get darkfall simple as that mate.
    Fixed that for you :p

seriously darkfall is easy to get i got it first try i was at home and if you know when the shop is open you have over a 2 hour window to get it these days easy as pie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

A "bunch" of lads can cause as much annoyance and even havoc as any large force in Darkfall.

The bunch of you should get it, bind at NPC chaos cities and roam the map raiding player establishments etc

The Shop will be open the week of May 11th for those interested in buying Darkfall. The link to the account management is here:

https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com

Opening dates/time
    Monday May 11th: 3pm GMT Irish time 4pm
    Tuesday May 12th: 3pm GMT Irish time 4pm
    Wednesday May 13th: 3pm GMT Irish time 4pm
    Thursday May 14th: 3pm GMT Irish time 4pm

Opening hours are subject to change without warning so please check back with this thread.

Its irish time 4pm because gmt doesnt take daylight savings into account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Best MMO for the summer is real life. :P

I suppose I'd go with AoC,it's the only real MMO out at the moment worth playing.

Leprachaun wrote: »
    I suppose I'd go with AoC,it's the only real MMO out at the moment worth playing.

all i can say is wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Kiith wrote: »
    Champions Online and Jumpgate Evolution are the only two that are due out this summer that i can think of off the top of my head. Have you tried Eve Online?

Fixed that for you :p
    Champions online has been postponed to september and I've heard even less about Jumpgate:Evolution so I wouldnt hold my breathe there either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

neilk32 wrote: »
    all i can say is wow

Different horses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Could do worse then to give Lotro a go. Its coming close to its 2nd anniversary now and any of the problems that users may have experienced when first released are long since fixed. Also a change to the xp curve means that you can level to 50 pretty quick and experience the Moria content which was released with the last expansion. Don't be deceived by the lack of boards players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

How about a bit of Guild Wars? GW2 is still a few months away, but GW1 PVP is pretty good, if tough, and they've dropped the price to $20 flat. (GW has no monthly fees.)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I like AoC myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

bnt wrote: »
    How about a bit of Guild Wars? GW2 is still a few months away, but GW1 PVP is pretty good, if tough, and they've dropped the price to $20 flat. (GW has no monthly fees.)

Recently got the GW trilogy. Not impressed at all so far. Only a few hours into it though.

But after one hour of the WoW trial I was hooked.

Does GW get much better?

So far GW feels more like a single player game that just has other real players in a graphical lobby area that you can chat with before you go on actual quests.

What I liked about WoW is people were everywhere. And when as a low level you're in a bit of bother, higher level players helped you out without even being asked.

Whats wrong with WoW?

Best out there by far.

And with the RAF scheme, leveling is a doss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kevweed

try runescape its abit "cheap" but its really addicting and it has its own world for irish gamers

Advertisement