Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toast Vs Honey Nut Cheerios

• 06-05-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi guys im wondering does anyone know which is the best for someone who wants to lose weight. Id say that Cheerios especially the honey ones are full of sugar.

I know people say bread is bad for someone on a diet. So which is the worser of two evils??:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bread is quite calorie dense, white bread is bad as it causes insulin spikes which can lead to fat gain, and it has little nutritional value. REAL brown bread is a much better choice, many brown breads have white flour in them too, usually listed as "wheat flour", so check the packs. Look for 100% wholemeal bread, and check the ingredients list.

French toast is an Ok breakfast, you are getting protein in the egg and carbs in the bread. Porridge is also very good, and need not be cooked, I mix oat+milk with lots of stuff, honey, maple syrup, sugar free strawberry flavourings, whey protein powder. I also make oat pancakes with the porridge oats, more info on them here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055002535

The cheerios are muck, as I think you well know, I would sooner eat bounty bars for breakfast than many cereals. Start reading the packets, all the info is there, and do not believe the quoted portion sizes on packets, you must weigh your food to really know your intake. This would do the job, salter are a good brand.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8422996/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

Advertisement