Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance for year in Oz

Options
  • 06-05-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced travel insurance policy for a year on WHV in Oz? Ill be stopping over for 5 nights in Thailand on the way.

Cheapest I can see is getcover.ie @ €166, anyone used them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

I'm using them and I'm ringing them up tonight to make a claim. I'll let you know how it goes.
    It may be worth looking on the thorntree forum on the lonely planet's website for traveller's opinions on the matter

My advice is don't use them.
    I sent in my documents for a claim a month ago. They started processing it last week after numerous emails on my behalf.
    Now, they want me to get a police report which is not required...only the police report number is and it costs 30AUD so I've told them to get it themselves.

Have a look on the lonely planets forum - thorntree - for better providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Thanks

No worries.
    It's also worth noting that Australia-NZ-Ireland have a reciprocal health agreement so if you do have an emergency/need to go to a hospital you will be covered.
    It's nice to know as my friend recently got an eye ulcer and has paid less than 2NZD for four consultations...
    So it may be worth only getting travel insurance for the other countries

Advertisement