Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with changing courses.

Options
  • 06-05-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I know this isn't a good time to be looking for advice when people are doing exams but it's pretty important.

I've been thinking about it for a few weeks and I've decided I want to change courses for next year. I'm in economics and I want to do computer science.

I just want to ask who I should contact in the college, if it's too late to do it now and if anyone knows will I be still eligible for free fees (I know I'll have to pay for the first year anyway)

Any other advice is welcome and thanks to anyone who replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Contact your school office first, they should be able to tell you where to go from there. It may be different for first year entry though - when I changed from maths to CS I was transferring into second year. Make sure you're 110% certain you want to do CS though - an awful lot of people who start it in first year drop out because they haven't understood what they're getting themselves in for.

You'll have free fees for 2nd year onwards, but you'll have to pay for first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

I'm pretty sure that if you are transferring to the first year of a new course, you need to reapply through the CAO (unless you're a mature age student). But someone in Admissions should be able to tell you for certain. I think there's info on the website too.

Advertisement