Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redundancy? worried and unsure of my entitlements

Options
  • 06-05-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Very worried and confused at the moment. Its looking like I will be let go of my job due to cut backs etc. I have worked here since March 07, had a 1 year contract until March 08, got another 1 year contract until March 09. Then I got a 1 month contract as there are issues due to cut backs etc. Currently have no contract at all. I have read the law on the entitlements and all that online but I'm totally confused - I have now worked over 2 years there, on 2 fixed term 1 year contracts and 1 one month contract and currently without contract. I need to know if I would get statutory redundancy even though I was on fixed term contracts and now have no contract and also how much notice would they need to give me since I have no contract currently? Help and advice appreciated! Stressed out as I have bills/mortgage etc on my own :(

Advertisement