Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood the Last Vampire live action film

Options
  • 06-05-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Was in the UCG last night and I saw a poster for this. Didn't get a good look at it but I'd assume it's coming out soon. First I heard of it.

Whats people opinions on this? Will it break the trend and be good?

Trailer doesn't shed much light on it but makes me think of Legend of Chun Li *shudder*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

It looks really good. It will be interesting to see as it is not Hollywood made which I thought it was. I think it is a Korean adaptation. It is coming out in July I believe or June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

According to imdb, it's a co-production between Hong Kong, Japan, France and Argentina.
    Trailer looks kind of underwhelming tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I wonder why all the announcements for anime/manga live action remakes lately? Must be the start of the latest Hollywood fad...

EDIT: Scrap that, not American.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Looks interesting, i'll reserve judgement though.

The animation was superb and really well designed, if the live-action can maintain some of that, i'll be pleased.

Also, i hope there's a proper reason for her being in the same school uniform as the animation and not something like 'this is what the fans want' or 'i've not changed my clothes since 2000'.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

From the trailer, it looks to be nothing like the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

From the trailer, it looks to be nothing like the original.

Hence why I'm reserving judgement. I want to like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I wonder if they're gonna end up taking some parts from the TV series (which > the ova, imo). It would be tempting for the director I'm sure, with the ova being 40 minutes, but the series being 52 episodes.I hope he doesn't, they're completely different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

I saw this in the trailers the other day.Looks like "sin city" "crouching tiger.." and "blade" all rolled into one

Cant wait too:D

Heres the theatrical trailer

Advertisement