Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do I still do it?

• 06-05-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Looking at my once impressive DVD collection here. There are so many DVDs missing...loaned out to people who wandered into the house and looked a gasp at the lovely collection in the corner.

"Is that any good?"
    "Oh I've never seen that"
    "i'd love to see that!"
    "Oh man I've been looking for that everywhere"

"Sure take a loan of it if you want" - Idiot.

No DVDs have ever been returned to me.

Have a look around whatever room you're in now...are there DVDs there that don't belong to you? Return them..they're probably mine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Just download the films instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

You sir are the town bike, everyones using you for your impressive dvd collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't buy them when you can borrow.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There is about 50 of mine gone missing. Wtf the 7 key just fell off me phone. Where is me glue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

same here. i had a huge collection at one time that had some rare ones in it. about 40% are loaned out to people that arent even in the country any more and probably wont return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I never lend mine, mostly Wrestling dvds,couldn't take the chance that they may not come back to me.
    450 in total.

/yes I do know how many I have.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm terrible with discs so don't ever let me borrow anything if you want them returned in good condition. I am not trustworthy with technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Some of the people I've loaned them too are actually loaning them onto other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I have about 400 Discs, strangely, i don't recall buying any.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

i will not loan out ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Just download the films instead.

thanking just for your sig alone. :pac:

I never watch a DVD more than once - very odd really - however I will watch a film if it's on the TV - even if it's in my DVD collection

Just thought I'd add that piece of useless information :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

thanking just for your sig alone. :pac:
    Which picture? It changes automagically depending on the mood of the viewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I'll only lend my dvd's to other aficionados. This is because they are the only people who will take care of them and make a mental note to return them. They understand that it's a pain in the arse when someone is taking the piss with items from your collection and therefore will treat your loans the way they would like to have their own stuff treated.

Conversely, you'll invariably find that the person who has 3 dvd's in their 'collection' has no great experience in lending. They don't care about their own stuff and similarily don't care about yours. Don't be surprised when you get it back (if you get it back) that's it's covered in scratches, box broken and smelling faintly of tobacco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Which picture? It changes automagically depending on the mood of the viewer.
    it was the mel gibson one, now it's the mr. jefferson one :)

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Don't be surprised when you get it back (if you get it back) that's it's covered in scratches, box broken and smelling faintly of tobacco.

you sniff your DVD's.

Ok. I suppose that's normal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

me and a mate had one of those falling outs where we wont even ecknowladge each other presence Ive do games belonging to him so does that mean i can trade them now ?

but yeah none returning dvd people suck arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

you sniff your DVD's.

Ok. I suppose that's normal.....

No I just have normal olfactory senses that can (fortunately or unfortunately) pick up such odours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have about 4 or 5 loaned out to people at the moment. I'll happily loan movies out all the time but never too many in one go as it'd be hard to keep track of who has what. I've paid for it/them so I expect them back. To be honest your silly for lending out such a large amount. Politely tell the person you'll give them the movie when some of the others have come back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

seanybiker wrote: »
    There is about 50 of mine gone missing. Wtf the 7 key just fell off me phone. Where is me glue.

I laughed so hard at this, I'm feeling a bit giddy.

I don't buy DVD's. Mainly because I can borrow/download. Never really watch them at home even if I have them. There's many a better thing I could be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

My friend borrowed a few games off my other friend and then he traded them all in...

genius

Advertisement