Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler or Immersion for heating HW

Options
  • 06-05-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi
    Im currently installing a gas boiler as a boost to my Geothermal. I use the Geothermal for heating my underfloor heating and 6 rads upstairs.
    I have a solar panel for the hot water but at times eg.winter or not such sunny days, i use the immersion for HW.

Is a gas boiler or an immersion more effient for heating HW.

As well,what kind of gas consumption would i have for heating my 6 rads.

Its a new gas boiler but not a condensing one (got it free from my boss)

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭air

Gas will always be more efficient for heating than electricity. The majority of Irish electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels to create heat, to create electricity which you are then turning back into heat at the other end.
    It should be about 3 times more economic to use gas for any type of heating than electricity if the ESB were paying the same for gas as you are. Even as things stand I'd wager you're better off using gas.

Advertisement