Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers: How Many Jobs Have You Applied For So Far?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Also bored, im doing some study on my own, and also started a fas course 2 evenings a week. These are free if you are on the dole, so check it out at local office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Magic.Marker

I've gotten ot the point where I'm senting out CV's to ANY job that's going. It's not helping though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Magic.Marker

phill106 wrote: »
    Also bored, im doing some study on my own, and also started a fas course 2 evenings a week. These are free if you are on the dole, so check it out at local office.

I'm on one at the moment too. But beware though, there's a LONG waiting list for some of the courses. It's best to go to a bunch of different fas offices and put your name down in each one for the course you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

I sent out hundreds of CV's since Christmas mostly in reply to jobs advertised on job websites and all I ever got back was one of those automated email replies and then nothing after that. Also sent out CV's to companies that had not advertised on the off chance they had a vacancy. Think I got two replies "thanks but no thanks... will keep you cv on file etc etc"
    Anyways, I ended up ringing a company I had previously worked for asking them had they any vacancies and got a big NO NO.... then last week they called me back and someone had left and asked me did I want my old job back.... needless to say I was in there like a bolt of lightening so....
    I NOW HAVE A JOB :D
    So lads and ladies.... keep the chin up and keep plugging away and something will turn up somewhere....
    Best of luck with the job hunting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

Hey everyone
    I applied for about 4 jobs a day since the end of March which resulted in 5 interviews over those 2 months, which isn't too bad considering the economy at the moment. I was getting very disheartened but just got a call today that I've got a job!!! Granted its not my ideal role and am taking quite a big paycut but its on my doorstep and its a job so I'm soooo not complaining.
    I just wanted to say keep at it and try and stay positive. Going to the gym/exercising is great for this and keep up the social side of your life with your friends....its what got me through. Keep thinking good thoughts and it will happen for you....I'm proof now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Tony EH wrote: »
    I personally find it amazing that anyone is firing off 60 to 400 ???? CV's in a period of a few months.

Seriously, I've been out of work now since the beginning of Feburary and have found that real job oportunities have been few and far between, for any profession.

I suppose that is probably because some people are including other cities, other countries, if you widen the search to include all of UK and Ireland, you can quite easily find other opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Good on ya Beth1978....I have been out of work for 10 months now and have had 2 interviews in all that time. Had another interview yesterday though and I will know tomorrow whether I have a job or not.....so fingers crossed!! Oh to be working again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

Oh thank you so much....2 months was hard enough for me so I really feel for you with 10. I have everything crossed for you re your interview, I really hope you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

shoegirl wrote: »
    I suppose that is probably because some people are including other cities, other countries, if you widen the search to include all of UK and Ireland, you can quite easily find other opportunities.

Aye. I s'pose.

Some people can't widen the search though, as they cannot leave the country.

In any case, I got another PFO today. From a job I could do in my sleep AND I stormed the interview. I know I did. Got excellent references too...

...and it was only a bloody 6mth contract!!!!!!

I don't WTF I have to do to get a job in this Country.

I'm seriously considering giving up looking for a while, because I feel I am just burning bridges with these companies. There's an unwritten law in this country that when you apply for a job once in a given company, they probably won't consider you again for the position, should you apply again.

I just don't know what I am going to do now. I have never been so deflated and down in my life...even when my mum died!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Tony EH wrote:
    I just don't know what I am going to do now. I have never been so deflated and down in my life...even when my mum died!

Tony - Chin up mate. It took me six months to get a job, but I did in the end. I applied for well over 200 positions in Ireland, Britain, Europe & the Middle East. I only had 4 interviews out of all those job applications, but luckily I eventually got a job in Switzerland. Far from ideal due to my family circumstances, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I know what it is like only too well. It is damn bloody difficult at times when it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Stick with it though. You will get a job. Remember that.

@ All - Best of luck with your job hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Cheers Hilly. But I just can't go to Switzerland for a job. I need one here and that's severely cutting down my opportunities.

Anyway, I'm four and a half months idle now and have applied for everything that I can possibly go for.

The light at the end of that tunnel is but a pin prick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Tony - Chin up mate. It took me six months to get a job, but I did in the end. I applied for well over 200 positions in Ireland, Britain, Europe & the Middle East. I only had 4 interviews out of all those job applications, but luckily I eventually got a job in Switzerland. Far from ideal due to my family circumstances, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I know what it is like only too well. It is damn bloody difficult at times when it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Stick with it though. You will get a job. Remember that.

@ All - Best of luck with your job hunting!

Have to say fair play to ya man for applying abroad and everywhere as I don't think I could work abroad. I'd be terrified about not knowing about my worker rights etc... where as I feel safe enough applying in Ireland/UK.
    Tony EH wrote: »
    Cheers Hilly. But I just can't go to Switzerland for a job. I need one here and that's severely cutting down my opportunities.

Anyway, I'm four and a half months idle now and have applied for everything that I can possibly go for.

The light at the end of that tunnel is but a pin prick. :)

I think the redundancies etc... have mostly bottomed out TBH. The rate of decline has slowed down a good bit I think and there are slowly more opportunities appearing in some areas which makes it seem like things are bottoming out and will hopefully start improving shortly.

At the end of the day, most of the companies going under at this stage have made bad decisions or had poor business plans so were probably not going to last anyway so we'll see new businesses starting up to take their place that might market themselves better or existing companies branching into the void that was left behind so I think we'll slowly start to see things improve within the next year or two.

Not that we'll return to full employment or anything like that but I don't think things can get any worse on the employment front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 louicious09

Hi guys keep the chin up those of you still looking .
    This forum really helped me during the rough patch realising I'm not alone. Just recently after 6 months searching been offered a good job right up my street. My advice is to avoid recruitment agencies that are unknowledgable about the roles their recruiting for happens far too often IMO:mad:. I also recommend brushing up on your interview skills really important thats what clinched it for me apparently. Remember to do something other than surf the net every day. Volunteering is great for the community and your self confidence. It adds so much to your cv and really does impress prospective employers :D

Good luck to y'all its tough but remember whats important having people who love you, your health and your happiness.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all,

i have applied for about 10 jobs since may not even one reply then one day out of the blue i get a phone call from a guy asking me was i still working.( i sent my C.V into his company last august)

I repiled no and he asked me would i be interested in a job interveiw i agreed so went down for the interveiw which combined a written test/driving test&interveiw.

every thing was going well passed both the written&driving test then the interveiw they went through my C.V with a fine tooth comb while asking me questions about experience&different equipment i used this also went well.

then came the wages they told me that the hourly rate was 9.50 an hour and on sunday&bank hol mondays 12.40.

i didnt say any thing and let them contunuie on with it they supplied a uniform& driver training but if you leave within six months they dock 200 euro for the uniform and 100 for the training.

a week later i got a call from the company offering me the job i turned it down due to the crap wage.

im still looking and willing to take a pay cut but for a company making pre tax profits of over £40 million then asking a driver to work for 380 euro a week no way i would rather wait untill some thing better comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

I was made redundant the last the week before Christmas. I've sent out thousands of CV's since then. Every morning, I check ALL the job sites and email CV's off to whatever jobs are advertised (and there are fewer and fewer each day). At first I was only looking for accounts and office based jobs (like admin, data entry, customer service, etc) but after having no luck with that, I been sending out CV's for any type of job being advertised. I have a lot of experience but I've only gotten four interviews since I've been out of work. The last time I even got an interview was two months ago and the interviewer told me he'd got almost TWO THOUSAND people applying for that one job. If its like that for every job I'm applying to then I only have a small chance of getting an interview, nevermind a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

taram wrote: »
    40 since July last year, have a job but it's 12 hours a week at just over minimum wage, depressing!
    I'd kill for that! I'm looking everywhere at the moment but there just isn't anywhere taking people on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

K4t wrote: »
    I'd kill for that! I'm looking everywhere at the moment but there just isn't anywhere taking people on.
    Yeah, I know I'm lucky, but it's over 4 days so can't get any benefit for the days I don't work, and was earning more when I was 16 in a local shop than I am post-degree and lots of experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

a week later i got a call from the company offering me the job i turned it down due to the crap wage.

you are the reason why social welfare needs to be cut dramatically. you should have your dole cut off for doing that. ever heard of career progression? not gonna learn much about it sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,143 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

you are the reason why social welfare needs to be cut dramatically. you should have your dole cut off for doing that. ever heard of career progression? not gonna learn much about it sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle.

Assuming he is receiving welfare, then he will be penalised when/if they find out about it. And if he's posting on boards, likely he's telling friends etc about it too. Chances are one of them will make that anonymous call to Welfare. (Dobbing people in happens a lot more when times are difficult).

There is karma in the universe and all that.

the company who interviewed him should report him to Welfare as they know he's not working.

• Advertisement

have you ever been on the dole or try to make ends meat on the money you get from them would you take a 60%cut in wage? whats career progression i have done every thing within my industry.

just let me explain after tax/prsi contributions and petrol expenses i would have an extra 40 euro in my pocket.

i have since done some research on the company and the things i heard drivers not been payed on time wages allways wrong&they treat you like crap.

so justmary&artful codger would you take a 60% pay cut? this company in general dont pay well and drivers have said in the past that they would rather work in a fast food outlet.
    than work for an extra 85 cent an hour more than the minimun wage

yeah i would take a pay cut and i've done it before to get a job, not 60% but hey - the days of people naming their wages are long gone, so you're living in the past - wages go up and down, house prices go up and down, living costs go up and down. If you sit around waiting for a job that you feel meets your salary expectations then you'll be waiting a long time, those salaries don't exist anymore - that's why you were let go from yours. If it's a choice between a job and the dole, i'll take the job any day, i'd rather have my dignity than an extra 40 euros.

look i have worked all my adult life it wasnt long ago where i was paying 48 p in the punt&6% prsi contributions.

i dont expect rock star wages i now there is a recession and people are taking pay cuts(i,e friends&family).

the piont im making is this company is taking the mick regarding wages for example a tanker driver(petrol/aviatioin fuel) gets paid 9.50 hr where someone in a fast food outlet gets about 11 euro.

the piont im making is i would rather work doing some thing else on the min wage than work for a company paying drivers peanuts.

also i should piont out that the company that offered me the job are known for under cutting other companies causing them to close shop no wonder they can under cut every one by paying 9.50 an hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Frezzin

I've been looking since Feburary 2008. I've applied for over 1000 jobs, worked with every recruitment company (Reed Recruitment is best imho), and I've had 25 interviews, 2 of which I was told I came in second. And I stopped looking last autumn!

Can anyone beat that? :)

What boggles my mind is how many people on this thread have said they got jobs hours away from where they live. I live in Kilkenny and I've been applying for jobs in Dublin like mad and they come back and say I live too far away. Talk about frusterating. I can get to Citywest in an hour, city centre in and hour and half but I can't get a job cus I live in Kilkenny...nice.

I'm also pretty sure the fact that I'm american and that I don't have a defined career field are something that go strongly against me. =/ My only option that I can see is to get into college, so that's what I'm working for at the minute. I've pretty much given up on the possibility of finding a job at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

If those 1000 jobs were advertised through agencies than theres a good chance most of them never existed in the first place. I would concentrate on applying directly to companies only. Question for you Frezzin, what field do you work in and why is living outside of Dublin an issue to potential employers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I got the same thing when I graduated and moved back home. I was perfectly willing to work in Dublin and hell wanted to move back up but employers keep going on about happiness and quality of life and you won't have friends.

I was like, eh I have friends in Dublin, WTF. Basically employers want people that will get on with the rest of the people in the team and if they can get someone from Dublin over someone from the country, they'll pick them all other things being equal (ie. no major experience or educational difference in applicants).

That's from my experience anyway. Location can be a disadvantage to an applicant as the employer will assume you'll want to stay where you are and won't want a long distance commuter if they can avoid it as those people will be more tired when they are in work.

That's my take on it anyway.

Catmologen wrote: »
    If those 1000 jobs were advertised through agencies than theres a good chance most of them never existed in the first place. I would concentrate on applying directly to companies only. Question for you Frezzin, what field do you work in and why is living outside of Dublin an issue to potential employers?

Actually I'd say a 1/3 of those were to companies directly. But you know, I never had a clue about the non-existent jobs crap. That's criminal!

Well my "field" of work is an obstacle for me getting a job because I didn't focus on one particular field. Most of my years of experience are in call centres, ICT, and hospitality. As for location, I have no idea what the issue is. I can see why thebman would think they feel that way and maybe that's how it is, but I honestly can't understand that bull. And if they tell you it's because they're afraid you'd leave if you found something close they're either stupid or giving you a line because in this climate you're not going to find anything close AND get it. Even if you did, they would have thier pick of top candidates since it's an employers market right now.

My other issue, besides location and "field," I think, is the fact that I'm american. As a lady at FAS told me once, "Everyone is related to an American or has american relatives and they either love you or they hate your guts." I've found myself being stared down in interviews and asked how I thought I could possibly function in the irish work force, blah blah. But even if you cut all that out, imagine if you had to chose between an unemployed irish candidate and myself, especially if we were equal. *shrug* I don't know I guess but I couldn't blame them. I've been "second" more than a couple times that I know of. Jut wish I could catch a break and be given a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,143 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

so justmary&artful codger would you take a 60% pay cut? this company in general dont pay well and drivers have said in the past that they would rather work in a fast food outlet. than work for an extra 85 cent an hour more than the minimun wage

Yes. I'd rather have a job than not have one, and right now I'd happily take minimum wage. (I've even done a budget for it, reckon I could save about 4k per year if I was on minimum wage, and watched my spending).

As I said before: there is karma. And feel free to take that a job in Maccas, and let us know how you like it after a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Would say at least 50 per cent of the advertised jobs did not actually exist in my opinion especially through agencies.....

Frezzin - Quick question for you, who were you dealing with in Reed, can you PM me the contact? Reason why I ask, have applied for 3 jobs advertised with them since the start of the year, did not hear a thing(even though was well suited for the roles in question), and contact person given was NEVER available...

Brgds
    Johnny

Originally Posted by Catmologen viewpost.gif

its a known fact that the majority of jobs advertised on the likes of recruit ireland&irish jobs.ie dont exist. if they did our unemployment would be a lot lower .

what the recruitment agencies do is create false jobs and people send
    there C.V into the agency they keep it on file that if a job ever comes up they go through there data base to see if they have any people matching the criteria of the job and then contact them

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Catmologen viewpost.gif

its a known fact that the majority of jobs advertised on the likes of recruit ireland&irish jobs.ie dont exist. if they did our unemployment would be a lot lower .

what the recruitment agencies do is create false jobs and people send
    there C.V into the agency they keep it on file that if a job ever comes up they go through there data base to see if they have any people matching the criteria of the job and then contact them

If that's true it wouldn't be difficult to prove. And it should be against advertising laws or something. Someone should be policing jobs and making sure they actually exist. Like recruiters should be required to privately list the company/client the job they're posting is for and then the job site could do a quick check. Then the identity of the company/client would be protected from job seekers but the jobsite could police the recruiters. I know, more work for the sites but if I knew there was a site that held recruiters accountable I'd be using it exclusively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Hey Frezzin, have a look at this thread, it might give you a bit more inight into recruitiment agences and their shady practices:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055011993&highlight=recruitment

Hey Frezzin, have a look at this thread, it might give you a bit more inight into recruitiment agences and their shady practices:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055011993&highlight=recruitment

Thanks Cat. I actually already knew about it but hadn't really gotten into the meat of the thread before now. Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

thebullkf wrote: »
    close to 200 jobs since jan...same fyckers that made a mint during the boom are now offering substandard wages and blaming the recession... unreal.
    why would anyone work 40hrs a week (away from home/family possibly) for double their dole?????
    need to increase min. wage...people need to shop dole cheats to proper authorities....we all know someone!!!!
    Welcome to my world! I am a chef and have worked my ass off doing trials for 2 companies this week- both pay crap money, neither give breaks and you're lucky if you get to swallow a slice of bread whilst still working, I couldn't even get a minute to go for a pee on Saturday and missed taking my medicine... Did boss thank me for my slavery or I mean hard work? Nope- stayed back late and went home crying instead. I don't mind working hard, just want a boss who lets me take a break on a 9 hour shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

This thread and the recruitment agencies one make me sad :( although I'd given up on recruitment agencies anyway.

applied to a few dozen so far. IT grad. Had a hilarious phone interview with Google. (what they say about their weird questions is true), and a few other technical/phone interviews.. but nothing really came of them.

linkedin is supposed to be good, if you have well connected friends. nothing has come of it yet, but college career people cant shut up about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'd be interested to know at what point people just give up on applying for jobs, a friend of mine in FAS reckons its about 4 months, and after 6 months they start losing contact with other people.
    I wonder how many peoples CV's actually get through a recruitment agency to an employer (assuming the job exists of course)?

Its a terrible situation in the country at the moment, we just need to try to keep our spirits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Its a terrible situation in the country at the moment, we just need to try to keep our spirits up.

**** that! we need to get ANGRY and stop acting like sheep!

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Myan

It's been great reading this thread through.. I've just come home from a few months travelling (had to come home due to money etc), and expected to get a job within my first week back - it's always been easy for me to find work, but not this time. I've sent out over 100 CVs in a couple of weeks and only got 1 real call back for interview, the rest were for recruitment agencies, and I didn't even get that job.

In the space of 7 months this country has completely changed, and a lot of my friends are in the same boat.. I guess it'll soon be time to think about emigration: I'm not going to stick around with no job, no future & no purpose!

In the meantime just keep sending out CVs & try not to go crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Take up a hobby? I will be in your situation very soon :( but intend on teaching myself a few things.

I said I would teach myself a little dutch, I also said I would do a lot of things, a year has past and I have done none of it. It's hard to get motivated to do things like that, especially when they cost money :(
    I'd be interested to know at what point people just give up on applying for jobs, a friend of mine in FAS reckons its about 4 months, and after 6 months they start losing contact with other people.
    I wonder how many peoples CV's actually get through a recruitment agency to an employer (assuming the job exists of course)?

I have been looking for a job since march 08. I got some interviews and the likes and I was pretty happy, I was still at college. Most of the time I got the "over qualified" or "not enough experience" tripe that they throw at you. I wanted to get into insurance or pension administration. Now I will take anything that gives me more money than the dole. I was mainly focusing in the East and South East, but now I am thinking of anywhere. Except the north of Ireland.

I have applied for a serious amount of jobs, in so many differant sectors.

Right now, I just don't care anymoer... I have completely given up on getting a job in the next 12 months, at the least. I have put in a serious amount of work over the past 16 months to find jobs, but it seems like it was all in vain. I don't bother putting in the work I used to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I said I would teach myself a little dutch, I also said I would do a lot of things, a year has past and I have done none of it. It's hard to get motivated to do things like that, especially when they cost money :(

I have been looking for a job since march 08. I got some interviews and the likes and I was pretty happy, I was still at college. Most of the time I got the "over qualified" or "not enough experience" tripe that they throw at you. I wanted to get into insurance or pension administration. Now I will take anything that gives me more money than the dole. I was mainly focusing in the East and South East, but now I am thinking of anywhere. Except the north of Ireland.

I have applied for a serious amount of jobs, in so many differant sectors.

Right now, I just don't care anymoer... I have completely given up on getting a job in the next 12 months, at the least. I have put in a serious amount of work over the past 16 months to find jobs, but it seems like it was all in vain. I don't bother putting in the work I used to.

Im in the same position,out of work almost a year now,cant believe how fast that year went,have applied for well over 70 jobs at this stage and I have'nt gotten called for an interview,not even a rejection letter.

Dont give up,if you give up you'll never find a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Im in the same position,out of work almost a year now,cant believe how fast that year went,have applied for well over 70 jobs at this stage and I have'nt gotten called for an interview,not even a rejection letter.
    70 applications in a year, you're obviously applying for something specific. Why not try something different for the time being?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

eirebhoy wrote: »
    70 applications in a year, you're obviously applying for something specific. Why not try something different for the time being?

nah Im not trying for anything specific,I'll do almost anything at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Mairead1975

Hi

Just a few points

• Do not send in paper applications. Most companies have online recruitment systems. Your CV will be binned as scanning will take too much time
    • If you're a professional, get up on http://www.linkedin.com Check out my blog for how to go about it and why it's the tool that recruiters are using nowadays. My mate is a recruiter in a multinational in Dublin. She has no budget and sources all her candidates through linkedin. My blog is http://www.careermentors.ie/blog
    • Find out the name of someone to target in the organisation, put a call through before you send in the CV. It's likely you wont get through to HR, so just leave a message saying you're about to send in your CV. That way they will be expecting it and your name will ring a bell ( more so than every other CV coming in )
    • Networking - you have to tell EVERYONE you are seeking work.Draft an excel spreadsheet of everyone you know - including people you only see once a year, ex colleagues, subordinates. You should have at least 100, where do they work - ring them, get the HR managers name, or the line manager who maybe responsible for hiring you. Make contact using your mates name to make the call warm...." brian suggested that I give you a call". If they dont have anything, ask them for advice or if they know anyone who maybe looking for someone, ask them to keep you in mind
    Im going to stop there or I'll be giving away all my trade secrets!!:)

Mairead
    http://www.careermentors.ie/CareerCoaching/JobSearching.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ThePlank

I've sent several hundred CVs, I'd say close to a thousand.

Got offered 2 jobs that paid less than my dole and would have ended up involving me working and travelling for 14 hours a day.

I have an interview tomorrow and I got called for 5 other interviews, all of which were for commission based work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Oriflame Northwest

Hi , I wonder if you could help me? I'm looking for someone in Sligo, Leitrim, and Donegal Areas to help me build my Oriflame Business. They would need to be reliable, trust worthy, hard working, smart in appearance and have at least 10 hours per week to spare...would you be suitable?? Thank You.

Oriflame Northwest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Post in the Job Vacancies thread - this thread is from 2009

Advertisement