Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 7

• 06-05-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Discussion of this weeks show.

Poll also added.

Did Sir Alan fire the right person? 31 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    77%
    ManachOur man in HavanaElmoEKRIUQSir OxmanziedthleggoKnifeWRENCHasdasdstev2604fobsanotherlostiebabycheeksOobieCarroller16mcgrailgluvlyladyThumpetteAJ2012LithiumKid1976 24 votes
    Don't know/care
    22%
    Mr ErobomuffinmanBeatNikDubstakerThe Busteryaya* 7 votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Don't know/care
    Lorraine should have gone for definite.

Admitting she is a "slow burner" in terms of her thought process?!? Jaysus, even if you are, dont bloody admit it!

And the pitch to the pet place with the cat box, I had to flick the station is was so embarrassing!

Good episode though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Don't know/care
    No I think that Lorraine should have gone - why didn't she setthe teams up better, seperate Phil and Kate - he may have worked better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No
    I thought he was going to fire both Philip and Lorraine - them sharing a taxi home would have been priceless! Philip definitely deserved to go though - his behaviour in the boardroom was just pathetic tbh. He's so fuccing cocky, yet all he'll be remembered for is Pantsman.
    Lorraine kinda reminds me of Lucinda from last year - occasional flashes of brilliance but mostly just barking mad.

Still hoping that Yasmina will win - as well as being one of the strongest candidates I love how sarcastic she is at times. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Discussion of this weeks show.

Poll also added.

Philip was too much of a child, when he was fired he ran out of the board room saying "Joke". Come on, time to grow up.

I think Lorraine brought in the right people, even if Ben got away with doing nothing but I don't think Sir Alan would have fired him and I don't think Lorraine could have handled him.

The other team are very luck, basically the producers have divided them up into one group that is quite and the other which is filled with hot heads. The cool/nice group are winning the tasks because there is little one up manship. Ok bar Debhora.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

No
    Whilst I reckon SAS was right to fire Pantsman, I'll miss the dogfights/sniping between him and Lorraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

No
    I think if Philip had kept his cool in the boardroom we might have escaped been fired.
    He deserved it to be fired for his behaviour last night alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

No
    No I think that Lorraine should have gone - why didn't she setthe teams up better, seperate Phil and Kate - he may have worked better.

That's not Lorraine's fault. He's hardly the type of person Alan wants working for him then, someone he has to keep separate from certain others in order for him to perform to his fullest?

Phillip was completely different on the BBC 2 after-show. He was gracious and wished Lorraine well. He saw where he went wrong and said he embarassed himself. I'm glad he got fired, don't think Lorraine will be too far behind him!

Yasmina has really grown on me, I think she is a serious contender now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pdaly92

I think that either or was a result for me!! Although the continuous bickering would have been GREAT tv!! lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Nick is my hero "Tell us about Pantsman." Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

No
    God lorraine is so annoying though. She really does think she's mystic meg or something now- her and her bloody instincts. I couldnt work with her!

I thought Phillip was quite a nice guy in the 'your fired' show actually- he seemed a bit embarassed about how he had acted.

Was night to get through a whole show not dominated by the Nordy Sandhurst guy too- he makes my skin crawl!

I think the blonde girl (god im rubbish with names) could go far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

No
    I agree with luvly above, Lorraine won't be far behind him out the door, but Phil was definitely the right man to go. To behave like he did, in front of a potential employer is madness. Noone would hire someone that called another staff member pathetic, right in front of them.

His face was priceless though when Kate rounded on him, he looked heart-broken.

As for Lorraine's "don't underestimate me" comment - cringe time. You're not that great, Lorraine, certainly not a contender.

Mona showed her credentials this week, he sales skills were excellent and she remained calm. Herself and Kate would be the main contenders in my mind, especially now that Kate doesn't have the Phil distraction. What could work against her is if she takes what Lorraine said in the boardroom personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No
    I think things would have went differently if Lorraine had taken Ben in instead of Kate. There was never any real hope that Kate would get fired. I think Lorraine did it so she could play the relationship card against Philip.

If she had taken Ben in I think the fight would have been epic with Ben most likely going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

No
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    If she had taken Ben in I think the fight would have been epic with Ben most likely going.

That would have been entertainment gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

No
    I think SAS really had no choice this week but to fire Philip. He made it clear it was all about individual sales this week and when Philip, Kate and Ben made zero it was going to be one of them. With Kate having a good record up to now she was safe so it had to be Philip.
    Lorraine certaintly won't last too much longer though as he knows she is a bad team player and even next weeks highlights show her having another row.
    I think the Ben, Philip, Kate group weren't being followed by Nick the first day of task and just didn't put in the effort thinking Lorraine would take the fall.
    Other team worked hard and tried to sell hard but were lucky that they had no competition this week.
    Is it just me or have both teams being performing pretty badly for the last few weeks?

No
    NEDDURC wrote: »
    Is it just me or have both teams being performing pretty badly for the last few weeks?

As I said this week saw the stronger team gave up, and the weaker team fought for survival.

If Empire can work together they will win hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Don't know/care
    I agree with you Elmo, last week the wining team worked close together as a team also and they won hands down! At the moment, it is not down to any one individual to win the tasks but if you have people working like a team, then they are going to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Don't know/care
    Anyone know if there's a repeat of The Apprentice- You're Fired! on anywhere?

No
    Sadly no.

No
    staker wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a repeat of The Apprentice- You're Fired! on anywhere?

Tonight 11:20 on BBC2, at least I read that today in Yesterday's News* or Today's News Tomorrow**

*Hearld AM
    **Metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Don't know/care
    Elmo wrote: »
    Tonight 11:20 on BBC2, at least I read that today in Yesterday's News* or Today's News Tomorrow**

*Hearld AM
    **Metro

looks like it's the main show only:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

No
    Well the thing that shocked me most was Mona's competency! Up til now I thought she was pretty useless, but she impressed me last night (more than James, who isn't a salesman).

And I'm glad that next week is Margate week. Digitalspy spoiled a row that happens on that show, and as a result I knew that two candidates were safe until the Margate show. They'd be banned for a week if it happened here!

I think Philip deserved to go, as he did sweet FA, and sailed through because (IMHO) it was Lorraine's task and he felt safer than others. Bit of a shocker seeing Kate under pressure, but she held her own in the boardroom, and I think she could make it all the way (now that her, eh, distractions, are out of the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

staker wrote: »
    looks like it's the main show only:(

You're Fired is on BBC 2 England now, BBC 2 NI has the main show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

kate cards have been marked

No
    dennistuam wrote: »
    kate cards have been marked
    I don't think there was any serious attempt made to have her fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

No
    I think the biggest danger for an Apprentice contestant is that they start to believe in the ****e they talk and start to attribute success in tasks to their own brilliance.

In an early episode, Philip pushed his body rocker idea and did fantastically well and then thought everything he did was brilliant. I liked him at first but he has turned out to be an arrogant and very childish person. His miserable huff when he was fired was proof of that. I didn't see the "your fired" show this week, but I believe he was a bit more gracious then. I think they must get some training on how to handle this show - someone sits them down, tells them they were a plonker on TV and that unless they do some damage limitation they will be basically unemployable for years to come!

Lorraine is another perfect example of someone who is getting completely carried away with her supposed instinctual abilities. That can only end badly for her!

Looking forward to rebranding Margate this week!