Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview tomorrow...Boost me!!!!

• 06-05-2009 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Right I have an interview tomorrow. I'm all set except I need the eye of the tiger. I need the thing that will make me believe I am the one for the job.

I read a thread earlier about possible questions that might be asked & I ended up in knots laughing at the responses.

So I need responses now that will get all of the giggles out of me so I won't take into a fit if they ask me anything unusual or indeed usual, I'm a bit giggley in pressure situations.... & believe me this is pressure.

I need for all of you to be funny & give me silly interview stories/ questions/ responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

They already have their minds made up based on the CV's and you are only there to entertain them and justify them taking a lazy day from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

100% of all cv's and answers giving in job interviews are all bullsh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

That includes the answers that the interviewers give about the work place and job, complete bull usually :rolleyes:

Best of luck in the interview and remember that they stretch the truth as well as you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

Just chant to yourself, "I am whatever you want me to be".... then all you need to figure out, is, what do they want you to be? For that, listen to their questions.

Oh and by the way, I posted that other interview thread and have never been asked a question remotely like that in an interview. So don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just put on your best Tracksuit, your best can of lynx africa and make sure you make one hell of an entrance, ya know, 1st gear in your civic rev it up 'til it just won't rev no more.

That is all of course if
    YaKnowWhatIMeanLike bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Yeah, I'm looking for something funny here. Have a bad dose of the giggles. They want to get out of me but they can't!!!!!!
    Or something bad to make the giggles go away....I've been trying very hard all evening & even the horror that is my life won't make it stop...which must be good in some way, but it will be bad for tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

What woulld Jeffrey Lebowski do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

about 2 years back I was interviewing some people and had gone through all the C.V's ect ect, and I called in this young guy about 18, he is from Poland,and asked him why he wanted the job and his reply was "because I am job" lol,
    priceless:D

ps he still works for us to this day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Recession my ass, look at all the people gettin interviews.

Its all a scam I tells ya!

• Advertisement

It could be an interview with a welfare officer?

dny123456 wrote: »
    It could be an interview with a welfare officer?

Nah, it's a proper interview. Pure thrilled but I have to get this out of my system otherwise I'll be the only one laughing tomorrow....well until I leave the room.
    It's a nervous thing, sad I know :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm looking for something funny here. Have a bad dose of the giggles. They want to get out of me but they can't!!!!!!
    Or something bad to make the giggles go away....I've been trying very hard all evening & even the horror that is my life won't make it stop...which must be good in some way, but it will be bad for tomorrow :D

Did you have a look at this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

i interviewed 2 girls last week for a waitress job last week. The first had great english, good experience and very bubbly. The other had a huge pair of tits.

Guess who got the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Dante

bleh fail =[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

winston82 wrote: »
    i interviewed 2 girls last week for a waitress job last week. The first had great english, good experience and very bubbly. The other had a huge pair of tits.

Guess who got the job

I have excellent English, good experience, bubbly & huge tits so what else can I add to it?

Not willing to give a hand/ blow job or ride. Or any other sexual favours you want to suggest :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not willing to give a hand/ blow job or ride. Or any other sexual favours you want to suggest :p

You're not really living up to that name are ya easyeason

Quazzie wrote: »
    You're not really living up to that name are ya easyeason

Well not for the general public but my other half has a smirk on his face ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I have excellent English, good experience, bubbly & huge tits so what else can I add to it?

Are you male or female?

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Are you male or female?

Female.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have an interview too so just in case its for the same job I suggest you just dont turn up. Seriously, take the hit.

6th wrote: »
    I have an interview too so just in case its for the same job I suggest you just dont turn up. Seriously, take the hit.

If it is for the same job then chances are I will dust you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

If it is for the same job then chances are I will dust you :D

No you won't:

Not a team player ya see.

TheZohan wrote: »
    No you won't:

Not a team player ya see.

Ah now, that made me smirk but I didn't laugh.

But forward to be dropping the hand at an interview don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Just tell them you always dreamed of chopping lettuce...

...or offer the wink and the gun.....if you get it back....you got the job baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have bubbly & huge tits so what else can I add to it?

You might want to get a Doctor to look at those tits. Im no expert but Im sure bubbly tits could be dangerous.

Having perky nipples will always throw off the interviewer so give them a squeeze/roll between thumb and forefinger before you go in. The male interviewer will not be able to concentrate and if its a female interviewer then you better hope she swings that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

leeeeerrrroooooy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pics or GTFO
    Wear leather and bring a whip?
    Show the boss whos boss:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Best of luck with the interview!

No one else suggested these, things, but I like the way you think. I'm pretty sure you'll do well :-) ....

Hope it went swimmingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't bother going to the interview, you'll probably f*ck it up anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

let us know how you got on!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

If you want to 'stand out' from the crowd you should try threatening the interviewers with violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Right I have an interview tomorrow. I'm all set except I need the eye of the tiger. I need the thing that will make me believe I am the one for the job.

eye of the tiger available from the chinese herbal store on aungier street.
    2 for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Think about Barrack Obama and his positive never give up attitude.

Then think of how much you want to nuke him for this

Channel this hatred into determination and knock em dead at the interview! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

here it is:

Risin' up, back on the street
    Did my time, took my chances
    Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
    Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
    You change your passion for glory
    Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
    You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:
    It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
    Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
    They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
    For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top
    Have the guts, got the glory
    Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
    Just a man and his will to survive

chorus

The eye of the tiger (repeats out)...

Right well I just got back there from the interview & I think it went ok. I wore a top that could be pulled down or up depending on who was going to be interviewing me. As it turns out I had a male & female interviewing me so to be on the safe side I let one boob hang out :D

Thankfully I didn't take into uncontrollable laughter because on the way there I nearly hit a cow that got out on the road, I think I might have clipped her with the bumper. So that kinda knocked the fun out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

What was the competition like?

Did you attempt to 'sabotage' the others?

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    What was the competition like?

Did you attempt to 'sabotage' the others?

One guy is a solicitor & another was self employed as a builder/ property developer. I didn't ask them this, I overheard it. Stupid people thinking they have to bond with the person they are sitting beside even though they probably won't see them again.

I sat there & stared at people while giving the odd twitch & muttering under my breath. I like to think it unnerved them a bit but it also kept them away from me & wishing me the 'best of luck'.

I hate people who try to be too friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

One guy is a solicitor & another was self employed as a builder/ property developer. I didn't ask them this, I overheard it. Stupid people thinking they have to bond with the person they are sitting beside even though they probably won't see them again.

I sat there & stared at people while giving the odd twitch & muttering under my breath. I like to think it unnerved them a bit but it also kept them away from me & wishing me the 'best of luck'.

I hate people who try to be too friendly.

So you came across as a cold bitch most likely? Not a bad look to have for an interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Hopefully this helps you and good luck ;)

Interview Techniques

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Don't bother going to the interview, you'll probably f*ck it up anyway

See? Proof that non-drinkers spoil the party.

SV wrote: »
    So you came across as a cold bitch most likely? Not a bad look to have for an interview!

How am I a cold bitch because I don't entertain random conversation from strangers?
    It's called stranger danger. It's up there with the safe cross code, you can never be too safe :P

Advertisement