Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help with "put the generated code into the Header.php of your theme" please

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to follow the instructions at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/215822 to put a music player on skuzziport.com

Can anyone give a few more step by steps to expand on the instruction in the title, which comes from:

I've found what I was looking for. It's a standalone javascript but it's working...
    It's called SCM Music Player

You have to put the generated code into the Header.php of your theme, just below the <body> tag.

thanks

(I've had a look in their forum and... well... here I am!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm not sure what part is throwing you... you can edit header.php inside of the wordpress control panel if you have the file permissions, otherwise download it through ftp.
    Ideally you open the file in notepad, find where it says <body>, then copy and paste the code you were given by the music player setup... save the file, upload it back to where ever you found it. (something like /wp-content/themes/my-theme/header.php)
    Make a copy of the original header.php if you're worried about messing it up.

I'm not familiar with the music player, but you might find pasting it right after <body> doesn't give you the position you want... so you might instead want to place it somewhere in index.php and/or single.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Gotten a little closer - found a header.php file in the ftp. There were three themes in the folder - how might I know which one is in use?

EDIT: Ah deadly thanks. The bit that's throwing me is that I know feck all about actually doing the web editing, just some basic concepts! I've only ever made a 'hello world' html page so this is a bit of a big step. Think I may nearly have it though - thanks for explaining it about, you're right, I was worried about messing it up.
    cheers

EDIT 2 - found the theme settings inside wordpress, think I'm sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It should give the name of the theme in style.css
    Tally that with what wordpress says it's using

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

All done, thanks for the help.

I might change the colour of it or something, it's not that obvious. Works well though.

http://www.skuzziport.com/

Advertisement