Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna

• 06-05-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the tuna with sweetcorn in the tesco self service salad counter, if its any good? Trying to sort out my diet for weight training. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's probably mixed in with mayo which will add a lot of extra fat and calories. You'd be better off just buying a tin of tuna and a tin of sweetcorn and mixing them together yourself. That way you know exactly what's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

The extra calories might be welcome though? If it's for weight training, like bulking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

There is loads of mayo in it.

To be honest i would advise you make it yourself, it tends to taste a lot better aswell.

this might sound odd, but i went on a diet for a considerable amount of time, and i found when i went back and tasted shop made tuna salad that there was a distinct funny taste, i wouldnt be suprised if they added something else to the mix to make the salad last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Yea lots of mayonaisse- unpredictable calorie content stay away!

Advertisement