Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a rough quote for this synthetic stock?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

Thinking of getting a Camo colored synthetic stock for an anschutz .177 CZ, could anyone give me a rough guide to how much it will cost?

If you need any other info just reply.

Thanks,
    Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Hey Niall,

Welcome to the forums.

You might need to clear up what style of stock you are after, silluette, thumbhole, etc. As the prices will greatly vary.

Plus is it a 'drop in' stock you want? As in you just drop in your rifles action, barrel and requires no bedding or finishing? Again this will affect the prices.

Also you mention its a Anschutz .17 CZ, this might lead to some confusion if you are obtaining a quote on a stock as its either CZ or Anschutz unless I am missing something. This wont affect the price that much I would imagine, but best have the correct info when you ring for quotes.

New I would think you would need to budget around €400 ish for any of the quality stocks out there.

you could try some of these links to get you started:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

There is loads of choice so decide a budget, look at a stock you like the look of and go from there.

I bet there are some good second hand stocks about too plus some lads here will be able to give links to Irish suppliers as well.

You could try posting a 'Wanted' in the For sale section too and see what turns up.

Best of luck with it and hope you get what your after.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RTribesman

Sorry for the lack of info there, the stock isnt for me as you can tell i dont know a hell of alot about guns. Its for my father. I'll try get some better info and reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

while we talking about stock..
    i'm currently applying for my 223 cert.
    my choice Rem 700 sps varmint is not free floating..(and stock i terrbile cheap looking..)so i was thinking change stock aswell..is there any problems with that? can i change stock by myself? do i need some paper work from firearms officer?
    i was thinking about this stock..
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=486263
    when ordering gun part (?) from other country
    i heard that they will hold package in customs until i send them cert ?

sharky0922 wrote: »
    can i change stock by myself? do i need some paper work from firearms officer?
    i was thinking about this stock..
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=486263
    when ordering gun part (?) from other country
    i heard that they will hold package in customs until i send them cert ?

I dont think you need anything from your firearms officer as there is no serial number on your stock and its no different to changing any of the other rifle furniture.

The stock you linked to looks like it is a drop in stock so shouldnt be a major issue to fit and a quick email to the manufacturer would let you know.

As far as I know Midway will not ship items to Ireland and most of the stock manufacturers will only ship directly to a firearms dealer. So probably the easiest way to get it is to see if you can get your local firearms dealer to get it for you or find a supplier that will ship direct (easier said than done). I know for a fact that Jackson Rifles wont send stocks to you unless your a registered firearms dealer either as I enquired recently.

But I think that I heard Roedale Precision will send to you, at least thats what I was told in the past and/or I read it when looking for an aftermarket stock for my own rifle. But I could be misinformed so best to drop them an email. Very nice people to deal with too.

Someone else here would have a better handle on the legal requirements and should be able to help you out.

Hope you get sorted and I would be interested to hear how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

my choice Rem 700 sps varmint is not free floating..(and stock i terrbile cheap looking..)

I had a remington with a synthetic stock as well in a 270. the stock was terrible, it would twist and flex and was just inadequate, a gun smith i took it to removed the stock off and filled the first two (barrel end) bays with a 2 pac 5 minute epoxy, it sorted out that problem, although he could not fix that it was still a remington, never again me thinks

• Advertisement

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I dont think you need anything from your firearms officer as there is no serial number on your stock and its no different to changing any of the other rifle furniture.

The stock you linked to looks like it is a drop in stock so shouldnt be a major issue to fit and a quick email to the manufacturer would let you know.

As far as I know Midway will not ship items to Ireland and most of the stock manufacturers will only ship directly to a firearms dealer. So probably the easiest way to get it is to see if you can get your local firearms dealer to get it for you or find a supplier that will ship direct (easier said than done). I know for a fact that Jackson Rifles wont send stocks to you unless your a registered firearms dealer either as I enquired recently.

But I think that I heard Roedale Precision will send to you, at least thats what I was told in the past and/or I read it when looking for an aftermarket stock for my own rifle. But I could be misinformed so best to drop them an email. Very nice people to deal with too.

Someone else here would have a better handle on the legal requirements and should be able to help you out.

Hope you get sorted and I would be interested to hear how you get on :)
    The Aussie wrote: »
    I had a remington with a synthetic stock as well in a 270. the stock was terrible, it would twist and flex and was just inadequate, a gun smith i took it to removed the stock off and filled the first two (barrel end) bays with a 2 pac 5 minute epoxy, it sorted out that problem, although he could not fix that it was still a remington, never again me thinks

thanks for that info!(quick!)
    i wasn;t sure about serial number..
    actually i was speaking with this guy..
    http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61787
    (scroll down a bit..)
    look at his picture with new stock! :eek: ..makes me cry..pure beauty
    he said that stock fits perfectly and barrel is free floated..

about shops..
    thats strange policy.. but well i guess i will have to do like you said tikka
    ask my dealer..

small offtopic
    but for now i;m waiting for my cert wich is more like lotto game..heh
    MY firearms officer is REALLY nice man..i mean REAALLY..i was in shock..after speaking with him ..and he gave me hope..heh, and he didnt make "very strange" suggestions like some gardai when i was speaking to other day..(he wasnt F.O.)..or "NO NO NO NO chance"..
    post some pictures IF i get cert..
    thanks guys

about shops..
    thats strange policy.. but well i guess i will have to do like you said tikka
    ask my dealer..

Lovely looking stock for sure!

You could still drop an email to Roedale precision and maybe Bell & Carlson to see what you hear back

I checked a few US sites just now and they all wanted US addresses only.

Possibly if you had friends in the US that you could ship to, then have it forwarded?

Midway UK wouldnt ship me a cleaning rod a few years ago, very strict international ordering policies :confused:

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Lovely looking stock for sure!

You could still drop an email to Roedale precision and maybe Bell & Carlson to see what you hear back

I checked a few US sites just now and they all wanted US addresses only.

Possibly if you had friends in the US that you could ship to, then have it forwarded?

Midway UK wouldnt ship me a cleaning rod a few years ago, very strict international ordering policies :confused:

i send them mail yesterday.. no answer yet..but i got answer from german company selling HS Precision stocks..
    (gonna go with this one in case B&C fail)
    Hi,
    can be delivered in approx. 8 weeks, price: Euro 610,00
    ouch..well maybe not..:rolleyes:
    thats this one..
    http://www.hsprecision.com/shop/stocks/pst/pst025.html
    i will try with midway germany today..
    http://www.midwaydeutschland.com/apps/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=486263
    heh.if thats price..then WOW!
    347 euro? whole pallet with them please ;)
    :eek: aaalright no more questions..

Advertisement