Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adriano signs for Flamengo

• 07-05-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭

Brazil striker Adriano, who last month agreed with Inter Milan to terminate his contract, has rejoined Flamengo, the club said on Wednesday.

"Flamengo announces the signing of the forward Adriano," the Brazilian club where the striker began his career said in a statement, adding he would be officially presented on Thursday.
    The 27-year-old, on his day a brilliant striker who helped Brazil win the 2004 Copa America and the Confederations Cup the following year, had become disillusioned with football and life in Italy.
    Following a trip to Brazil at the end of March for World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Peru, in which he was an unused substitute, Adriano failed to return to Italy, telling Inter he needed a break.
    "I've lost the happiness of playing," Adriano told reporters in early April after retreating to the Vila Cruzeiro favela (shanty town) in Rio where he grew up. "I'm going to rethink my career."
    In mid-April, Inter and Adriano agreed to mutually cancel his contract with the Italian club.
    Flamengo, who have just won the regional Carioca (Rio de Janeiro state) championship, play their opening match of the Brazilian Championship against Cruzeiro on Sunday.
    Adriano, who has 29 goals in 47 appearances for Brazil, made his mark at international level when he was top scorer at the 2004 Copa America and the following year's Confederations Cup after replacing the unavailable Ronaldo in both tournaments.
    However, the powerful forward has struggled with fitness and alcohol problems since the 2006 World Cup, showing only flashes of the form that made him one of the world's most feared predators.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=643922&sec=global&cc=5739

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good luck Flamengo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think it's because of PES 6 that I still really like this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If Flamengo still have Messi's cousin Maxi, they'll have a savage little and large partnership.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Another fat Brazillian striker for the scrapheap then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Poor mans Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hope it goes well for him, being back in Brazil with his mum will surely help him a lot, lad isn't well and needs family support and hopefully now he will get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i still have good hopes for him. hope he gets his head together

Advertisement