Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Ulster Bank card (attn: anyone who uses their ebanking)

Options
  • 07-05-2009 12:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Okay so when you log in to Ulster Anytime Banking you have to provide a PIN and a password, now it's been ages since I set it up but I presume the PIN was the same as the one I used for my card in the machines. I kept forgetting it though, so I changed it to one I'd remember. I presumed this would also change the PIN I had to enter when making ATM withdrawals but was refused by the machine in Shannon twice today. Does this mean my 'old' PIN is still the correct one (despite my online one being different), and does anyone know how many attempts I am allowed (and within what timeframe) before it locks me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Okay so when you log in to Ulster Anytime Banking you have to provide a PIN and a password, now it's been ages since I set it up but I presume the PIN was the same as the one I used for my card in the machines. I kept forgetting it though, so I changed it to one I'd remember. I presumed this would also change the PIN I had to enter when making ATM withdrawals but was refused by the machine in Shannon twice today. Does this mean my 'old' PIN is still the correct one (despite my online one being different), and does anyone know how many attempts I am allowed (and within what timeframe) before it locks me out?

The PIN number for ebanking can be different from the one you use for ATM withdrawal (mine is).

As far as I can remember, you might have to re-register if you forget your password/pin for ebanking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I remember my ebanking stuff fine, it's just the PIN for the banklink I can't remember.....

Anyone know how many chances I get within what space of time before it locks my account or whatever? I tried twice in Shannon then left it as it's usually 3, but does that mean I only get 1 more attempt or is it 3 within 24hrs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm not sure but I think it's 3 period. What's the problem with simply ringing them? I find dealing with their phone banking pretty okay as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

With any bank, if you don't remember your PIN, you'll have to ring them and they mail it to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Oh for ****s sake. I'm over in England for a fortnight and I could do with the money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement