Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cow down pot-hole on N71 - Ballydehob!

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

ok, not really - but got your attention?

If you listen to C103 read on, if not you might duck out now.

We (the south west!) are p...ed off that C103/UTV dropped the West Cork Today show without notice and amalgamated us with the North Cork / City programme. As someone put it we don't care about 'Bingo in Buttevant' or pile-ups in Patricks St, and we're pretty sure city lads and 'north corkers' aint too fussed about culchie stuff from the sticks out west either! (at least not on a day-to-day basis).

Help us tell UTV / C103 that Cork is too big a county to have one community radio programme covering the lot. Hop over to www.westcorktoday.com and have your say - it only takes a min, and every voice appreciated.

Call this a West Cork Shout, and a thanks to everyone who helps raise this as an issue.

Comments

A cow down a pot hole. Fantastic. I hope Disney use that idea. I'm not from Cork, but I'll see if I can email them or something, too. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 West Cork

wow county Louth on the ball! - tx KKV, much appreciated. State of roads here we'll likely be losing whole f....in herds before summers out!

The herons are already lookin down them, and pothole regattas could become a tourist attraction!

Great stuff man!

Used the lay out on http://www.westcorktoday.com/ to submit a message. Best of luck with this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 West Cork

thanks for that KKV, we'll keep plugging away and I guess if UTV don't give us back what we want sooner or later we'll (West Cork) do our own thing and maybe start our own local radio.

Gets your back up when a corporate sells something telling you its the peoples station, then takes an axe to it because some back office suit thinks its a good idea!? On top of that letting go a 1st class presenter who really held his audience - C(lueless)103!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

West Cork wrote: »
    On top of that letting go a 1st class presenter who really held his audience - C(lueless)103! :)

And who was also nominated for a radio award last year as well. A great presenter let go. What a waste of talent. I've already sent in my email to the station registering my annoyance.

To be honest, I stated this earlier but, I am not interested in what goes on in Mallow or Youghal or the likes. I live in West Cork... So, I don't tune in anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement