Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of electric waste.

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know where can i get rid of a dvd/tv's that dont work around the house? In Wexford area. Apparently there was a collection for them in Tesco not so long ago, but i was informed when i was in work and didnt have time, and me being a neat freak...they are driving me mad!! lol

Comments

I know there was a place in the dump in Killurin where you could drop them off for free.

However, that may have been transferred to the new dump, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Yep the new dump will take electrical equipment.....although whether it is free to dispose of I do not know. (if I recall it was about €20 or so for a car last time I went) Would suggest checking out in advance.

p.s. if you have to pay for it don;t forget to buy a dump ticket before you get there....Boggans I know sell them, as well as many other places I'm sure.

It was free in Killurin for recycling and electrics. There was a special place to dump tvs and like. Make sure you remove all power cords from your items.

They may have started charging for it though, I haven't been out to the place in Holmestown yet. In Killurin the recycling place was seperate from the main drop off point for the landfill so you didn't need a ticket. Changed a lot from the days when you could drive up to the tip itself and fling them over the barrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭WexfordMusings

and its not a dump - its a Waste Management Facility Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

and its not a dump - its a Waste Management Facility Centre

Is there no traditional landfill section at Holmestown where you can dump stuff that can't be recycled?

Advertisement