Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon SLR servicing cost

• 07-05-2009 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm wondering is anyone would have a ballpark figure on how much a service/sensor clean costs form SLR Repair Centre in Meath. I can't find an email address for them and I'm out of the country at the minute and can't call them until I get back next week.

Thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

hi pete

I seem to remember it was around e50 plus courier if required.

I half think that if it's for your d3 they may end up doing it free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

thanks for that. My D3 is out of its 1 year warranty so I'll have to pay I think. €50 is cheap enough to get it cleaned and serviced. It needs it. Its travelled about 50,000 miles with me already. I checked the shutter count, I thought it was near 45-50k but it was only at 29k which is way less than I thought.

Thanks again.

Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I got a 2 year Nikon warranty with mine...not sure how that worked. I may have had to register to get the 2nd year...maybe the same with you?

but yeah, I need to get mine done too, and my lenses.

I'm just sick or removing bad dust spots from the corners at f11 upwards. Dry cleaning can only do so much! I'll check my box when I get home and see about he extra warranty for the 2nd year. It was bought in Berminghams so it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

pete4130 wrote: »
    I'm just sick or removing bad dust spots from the corners at f11 upwards. Dry cleaning can only do so much! I'll check my box when I get home and see about he extra warranty for the 2nd year. It was bought in Berminghams so it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

Berminghams give 1 free sensor clean with all new DSLR cameras they sell. It is not part of the Warranty so time is unimportant.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that!!!! I'll remember to use that later I think. I want to get it serviced though. Just for being pulled in and out of a heavily packed cam back for 15 months a small piece of rubbe is showing signs of lifting and I want to get it fixed as well. The Berminghams free clean will definitlely be put to use!

Thanks!!

Advertisement