Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL issues tonight?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having issues with NTL tonight? NTL seemed to drop at about 1am ish.

I'm on my meteor modem at the mo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Nope. It slowed down for a while around 12 ish but I'm still up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Dropped for me in Cork City last night shortly after one. Not sure how long it was down, but was working fine at half 8 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have been on line gaming now for a couple of months (DUBLIN) ...no issue BUT in the past 48hrs i have been having major lag issues .

Is it related ???? who knows ??

I heard UPC have had a huge uptake of their new Broadband packages , are they doing some upgardes or are we getting contention issues :o

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

had a lot of trouble today with lag on xbox live and some downtime too in Dublin!! :(

Gamer,

Call em up ..last thing we want is to be paying for a service and getting Lag when playing on line , i have been told that their excuse to some customers who they cant resolve the LAG issue is ..."UPC BB dont support on line game" ...we dont want to have to put up with this BS answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

We've been having troubles in D6 (Harold's Cross, near the canal) now for almost a month. We regularly get disconnected, sometimes every 15 minutes, sometimes every few hours. The length of disconnection likewise varies between 30 seconds and a few hours. Eitherway, it's enough to kick you out of any game :)

We played around with everything possible at our end. New cables, different routers, wired vs wireless. No change.

The signal levels on the modem look ok. The modem logs show major problems with either no ranging response, or no DHCP response. No DHCP response is by far the most common.

We'll call them up today, but fighting with NTL/UPC's customer service is no fun way to spend a weekend ;)

If anyone's experiencing similar to the above (especially in D6), shout!

S,

I sympathise with you , especially with the customer service , i forget how many time i have had to count to 10 to stop myself going ape **** on the phone to them and not to forget getting disconnected from a game that you are enjoying :mad: .

Keep us updated

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Still having intermittent problems here.

Rang them anyways and they just said they tested the line while i was on the call and there was no problems. Assholes

Advertisement