Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

addvise re outstanding finance

• 07-05-2009 7:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

we have found a nice camper in the uk and would like to buy it,its a private sale and the vendor seems like a very genuine guy he answered all my questions and when i asked was their any outstanding finance on the van he did say their was and it would be cleared when he got the money from the sale,we done the hpi check and it shows that bos have financed the van
    we really like this van but are not sure how to proceed ,what is the norm in situations like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Hi could you let me know how you can do that check to see if a vehicle is financed please ? Are there any other online checks you can do to check on a vehicle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

denmar wrote: »
    Hi could you let me know how you can do that check to see if a vehicle is financed please ? Are there any other online checks you can do to check on a vehicle ?

hi if you search hpi it will give you a number of options i used cartell.ie e35 for a 3 star report you will need the reg and vin for the it ,i never buy without ruining a check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

On a car purchase that I made I went to the bank with the vendor, he got a settlement statement and I wrote a cheque for that amount to the finance company. Then gave him a cheque for the balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

stapeler wrote: »
    On a car purchase that I made I went to the bank with the vendor, he got a settlement statement and I wrote a cheque for that amount to the finance company. Then gave him a cheque for the balance.

That is the best advice because I bought a car and got stung. (Bloke said he would pay it off when I purchased but he never did.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

hi if you search hpi it will give you a number of options i used cartell.ie e35 for a 3 star report you will need the reg and vin for the it ,i never buy without ruining a check

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

stapeler wrote: »

i told the vendor that i would be paying in this way,he said that would be fine ,but i haven't heard from him since ,looks like i had a lucky escape,as they if it sounds to good to be true it usually is ,thanks for the advice

now it looks like its back to the search ,were finding difficult to find a nice clean 5\6 birth van thats not over priced or junk,so if any one on here has some thing that would suit pm me with the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭leana

If you do buy a van from england or the north can the company still pursue you for outstanding finance even though you're in a different jurisdiction? Just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

nice clean 5\6 birth van thats not over priced or junk,so if any one on here has some thing that would suit pm me with the details[/QUOTE]

what year / price range had you in mind?

what year / price range had you in mind?[/quote]

what have you got,

Advertisement