Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Space

Options
  • 07-05-2009 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

In sci-fi programmes you always hear them going on about sub space. What exactly is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

"Open a sub-space communication link"

I think it's a form of interdimensional travel, maybe using wormholes?!?!? They also use subspace for traveling at many times the speed of light.

Anyways, it could be anything. It doesn't exist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You do realise that neither of those articles exist don't you Slade? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thargor wrote: »
    You do realise that neither of those articles exist don't you Slade? ;)

PhpBB has a habit of stripping the tail bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Overblood was nearly there, except for the 'wormhole' bit! Subspace in Star Trek is an extra dimension, nothing more. It mightn't make much sense but it's only a TV programme. By the way, I read this from my 'The Physics of Star Trek' book

,,,:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement