Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogba a Disgrace

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Tbh I couldnt really care less about Drogba's rant...in fact I'll admit I found it quite amusing and entertaining. The fella was obviously immensely disappointed and felt rightly aggrieved and added with the adrenalin just lost control. Fair enough..nobody was killed.

What was really disgusting though, what really turned my stomach, is seeing him being carried off the field like he stepped on a landmine and then somehow he is fine to jump around like a raving lunatic? Disgraceful.....can you imagine players like Giles or Bremner limping off the field like that? Pansy sums up everything wrong with the modern game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

DSB wrote: »
    Hiddink is the disgrace imo, Drogba has the sense to apologise, Hiddink shows a distinct lack of class by defending him.

How is Hiddink?He defended him to the point that his emotion and adrenaline got the better of him. How would you feel putting in all that training and effort week in week out and on at three attempts (Garcia "goal",Terry Slip, and last Night) come so close to the greatest achivement you can win with your club but have it robbed from you(well bad luck really). He prob never get that chance again now and I can understand his frustration.Only thing i cant really defend is going up to the cameras and swearing. Frankly him and Ballack did well to keep their fists to themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Hiddink is the disgrace imo, Drogba has the sense to apologise, Hiddink shows a distinct lack of class by defending him.
    This is something i was very surprised by TBH. Hiddink i was lead to believe was one of footballs "good guys" and i really thought some of his after match comments where an absolute joke. He nearly said the ref deserved the abuse he recieved. My views on him have changed to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Hiddink was a class act last night compared to how we've seen some other managers react to far lesser things. Can you imagine if Jose was in charge last night? Chelsea would never play another CL game again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Soby wrote: »
    How is Hiddink?He defended him to the point that his emotion and adrenaline got the better of him. How would you feel putting in all that training and effort week in week out and on at three attempts (Garcia "goal",Terry Slip, and last Night) come so close to the greatest achivement you can win with your club but have it robbed from you(well bad luck really). He prob never get that chance again now and I can understand his frustration.Only thing i cant really defend is going up to the cameras and swearing. Frankly him and Ballack did well to keep their fists to themselves
    He shouldn't have defended Drogba or Ballack on anything, the referee made some mistakes, but Drogba made more mistakes in that particular game, should the rest of the Chelsea players not crowded him after the game instead?

selpher wrote: »
    Hiddink was a class act last night compared to how we've seen some other managers react to far lesser things. Can you imagine if Jose was in charge last night? Chelsea would never play another CL game again.
    Yes but Jose is hardly a metrestick to judge the class of a manager, because he lacks class to the extreme. Managers like Martin O'Neill, Ferguson (he might lose the cool at the time, but he wouldn't defend actions like those of Ballack or Drogba), Moyes, Guardiola, Bobby Robson would all be appalled at Hiddink defending his players after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Drogba is the definition of the boy who cried wolf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the ref should apologise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2f59ab04_ballack5.gif

Was not about the penalty.. killer bees on the pitch.
    Ballack is an hero......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bull****!!! I'd bet Drogba only apologised after being instructed to do so by his manager. Otherwise, he'd be in for a mega-ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yes but Jose is hardly a metrestick to judge the class of a manager, because he lacks class to the extreme. Managers like Martin O'Neill, Ferguson (he might lose the cool at the time, but he wouldn't defend actions like those of Ballack or Drogba), Moyes, Guardiola, Bobby Robson would all be appalled at Hiddink defending his players after that.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Yep, I lol'd too :pac:

Jazzy wrote: »
    the ref should apologise

Apologise to those jokes? Sincerely hope he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Drogba to the camera: "This is a f**king disgrace"

Dunphy replies in the studio: "No, you're the disgrace"

Pissed myself. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

K4t wrote: »
    Drogba to the camera: "This is a f**king disgrace"

Dunphy replies in the studio: "No, you're the disgrace"

Pissed myself. :D

For once I agree with Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But no one is excusing it. However, the club had no control over Ballack at the moment, or Drogba at the end of the whistle, so to collectively call them a 'bitter, bitter club' is what I'm taking issue with.
    Excuse me for not bothering to read most of this thread, but with regards this, Hiddink himself excused their behaviour after the game. These people represent the club, so I would agree with calling them a bitter club.

They give out about not getting 4 penalties, one of which was a legit claim, but don't bother mentioning Abidal's sending off.

There's respect to be had in losing with dignity, especially after such a gripping tie, and Chelsea as a club completely failed last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

This isn't the first time Chelsea have been involved in an incident showing zero respect for the referree, Ashley Cole last year.

It's sad that Drogba has dominated all the talk in the last few days, the words "spit the dummy" come to mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Apologise to those jokes? Sincerely hope he doesn't.

apologise for the farce of the match and making sure abidal misses the final.

he did a very bad job in a crucial match and should apologise for that.. regardless how big a clown drogba made himself out to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Jazzy wrote: »
    apologise for the farce of the match and making sure abidal misses the final.

he did a very bad job in a crucial match and should apologise for that.. regardless how big a clown drogba made himself out to be

Should'nt the people who appointed him ref be the one's apologising though?

I mean when Gary Doherty played for Spurs and Ireland it used to do my head in but I never expected an apology from him for his ****ness..I expected it from the managers who insisted on picking him. Same story here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is funny apoligies if its been post already

http://rathergood.com/drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I haven't read the rest of this thread but I'd have to agree with Drogba - the ref was a f**king disgrace , he should'nt have said it into the camera but Im sure he verbalised what every Chelsea fan was feeling.

Advertisement