Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

800 Microsoft Points game recommendation?

• 07-05-2009 10:13am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I bought the 2100 xbox points for Banjo Tooie.

Just wondering what I should spend the remaining 900 points on.

Anyone care to give me an idea?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Banjo Tooie hasn't aged well, I'd advise giving it a miss unless you have rose tinted specs syndrome.

Number 1 on the list has to be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You won't find a better game on the service and when you think you have finished it, look up gamefaqs, the game is twice as big as you first think it is ;)

Bionic Commando Rearmed is another one to consider. It's a fantastic remake of one of the best games of the 8-bit era.

There's also peggle. I hate myself for liking and playing it so much.

I'm really loving galaga legions as well at the moment after buying it and not playing for ages. It's a bit trippy and rez like and plays great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's also peggle. I hate myself for liking and playing it so much.

Whoa there RG, there's no shame in it, peggle is immense.

I love that game, played it for about 4-5 hours there on Saturday in BruningEclipse's house. Its such easy playing. Have a go at a challenge, fail, pass the controller on and round and round it goes.

Even the versus mode is fun. Didn't think I'd ever get addicted to one of "those" types of games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

My favourites are Bomberman Live and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for multiplayer laughs (though no-one is playing Puzzle Fighter online anymore) and OutRun and Geometry Wars 2 for racing and shooting highscore-o-fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

N+
    Geometry Wars 2
    Bionic Commando
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Peggle

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Defo going for Banjo Tooie.
    Banjo Kazooie is one of my favs games of all time but never played Tooie as it was too expensive on Ebay.

Played and finished SOTa on PS1 and have bionic commando on PC. hate it.
    Might try Outrun maybe,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'd go for Arkanoid myself, up there with Pacman and Tetris for pure gaming perfection that should not be messed with. At 800 points its still a little steep for my liking but isn't that the case with everything on LIVE?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Just make sure you download a few trials first so you can get a feel for the games before you hand over your 800 points.

Outrun is great fun. It's a great looking game, but rather limited. Not many routes or tracks to drive.

Geometry Wars is a must. Such a simple, but yet amazing and addictive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Space Invaders Extreme

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually going by the DS version, space invaders extreme is ****ing amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Try a A Kingdom for Keflings, very good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

+1 for bionic commando, great fun
    RezHD is short but cool
    Ikaruga is good but very very hard unless your very good at those type of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Peggle was one of the first things that entered my head when opening thread; glad I'm not alone :D
    Worms
    Bomberman Live

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Peggle is as cute as my 5-week old daughter's smile and as difficult to stop as smack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I love when you hit the last orange peg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Geometry Wars 2 and Castlevania SotN would be the 2 most essential games imo
    If the PC version of Peggle is anything to go by, then i'd say its nothing short of awesomeness!

It's perfect for when one gets a case of the 'willies' when playing dead space/bioshock/etc

chrislad wrote: »
    I love when you hit the last orange peg :)

Or unlocking multiball and getting 2 of the balls into the bucket, instant 100k.

Have never unlocked double multi ball and gotten all 3 in the bucket, anyone know what the points are for that?

Also the computer is very good on the harder difficulties, makes the final few oranges very tactical, ya don't want to leave him an easy Fever.

Great game

Got Peggle for the PC.

Still stuck on deciding. Have Ikaruga on cube. Castlevanis: SOTN I've got 100& completion and sold on eBay.
    Not mad about arcade racers so may skip Outrun.
    Have Braid on PC.
    Bionic Commado on PC.
    Rez on Ps2.

Decision, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have at least 20 XBLA games, and the ones I've put most time into are Peggle, Marble Blast Ultra, Castlevania and Geometry Wars 2.

Definitely try before you buy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Duke Nukem 3D
    Worms
    Marble blast ultra
    Sensible soccer
    MK3
    Bionic Commando

Good games right there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Geometry Wars 2 if you don't have it would indeed be an optimum choice - easily of a similar addiction level to Peggle (i.e. somewhere just below serious drug addiction).

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Arrrghh! Just from the recommendations in this thread I got Peggle........... it's soooo damn addictive. So simple, and yet brilliant.

I also got Worms (not physically :pac:). Only 400 MS points. Well worth it!!

Space Invaders Extreme is fantastic and 800 points.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Space Invaders Extreme is fantastic and 800 points.

Have it on ds.

Might go for N+

I have the DS version and completed it but it's entirely different apparently.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Have it on ds.

Might go for N+

I have the DS version and completed it but it's entirely different apparently.

Played n+ in one of the lads houses there for ages on Saturday, another brilliant game. The co-op stuff is class and some of the missions are very difficult but rewarding when cleared.

Bought Banjo Tooie.

Still unsure about the remaining 900.

Thinking of going for N+.

Anyone tell me is there any good 400 MS point games?
    Maybe go for 2 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Worms, Marble blast. 400 MS each. bargain.

Have Marble Blast - great game.

Not really inclined to go with worms as it's just a Pc game.
    I'd like something down especially for 360. (like Marble Blast Ultra - which I know is available on PC but this version is all new)

Just get N+, I'd highly recommend it, there's loads of gameplay and extra free DLC as well.

• Advertisement

Advertisement