Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Funny Amazon review

• 07-05-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I purchased this watch principally so that I could inform myself of what point in the day I had reached, without having to go through the laborious process of building a sundial or consulting the entrails of a newly killed hamster. In this respect above all this Fossil watch has been a succesful purchase (which is something of a novelty for me). However, I have one small quibble. When I want to stop time, I pull the little dial out at the side, and the hands do indeed freeze. Unfortunately, time itself beyond the well-styled confines of the watch continues ever onward. I phoned the customer service department (run by my second cousin Luthor, though that has no bearing on this) and they were unable to pinpoint the source of the problem. So, in summary, its time-telling properties are top notch; it falls short of the mark when it comes to stopping time. And the local wild population of hamsters is flourishing, which is admittedly something of a mixed blessing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fossil-JR9158-Gents-Brown-Leather/dp/B000FGB69S/ref=pd_cp_watches_0?pf_rd_p=149895091&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BYL7D4&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0VRSN5KRXK0MYAA7T4CA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Ha, check out the guy's other reviews, the Satnav one is brill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

The Official Highway Code
    by Department for Transport

wow! a page turner., 22 April 2009
    This is certainly a pacy read. The characters are well-drawn and the background - a road trip of some kind, though the author is careful to keep details vague - is convincing. Page after page, the tension is ratcheted up and the reader is wondering where it is all leading. By the time I reached the end, a chapter teasingly entitled "Stopping distances", I couldn't put it down. There are even some colour illustrations, which clarify some of the more complex plot points. If I have a complaint, it is that the reader is somewhat left hanging at the end; but I for one will be looking out for a sequel sometime soon.

Found this hilarious

Advertisement