Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re boards on UCD network

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Toolbar missing

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else who logs onto boards via the UCD network has found the toolbar to be missing? It happens pretty much every time I log on via my laptop when in UCD (it's fine everywhere else, including on other university networks), although there is the odd time when it appears.

I've already contacted sys, and they said it's not a boards problem and is probably down to UCD blocking something.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

I have the same problem.
    I always put it down to my laptop (I only use it in UCD to surf the net), but if others have the same problem, it really seems to be a UCD problem

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

as in the quick jump links at the top edit: or the bit that has User CP, FAQ, etc..?? Because the quick jump links at the top frequently appear missing for me (like right now).. never had a problem with the other ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

muffinman wrote: »
    as in the quick jump links at the top of the bit that has User CP, FAQ, etc..?? Because the quick jump links at the top frequently appear missing for me (like right now).. never had a problem with the other ones...
    No, I still have them. I'm missing the drop-down menue from the very top. Everything else is visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

as in the quick jump links at the top of the bit that has User CP, FAQ, etc..?? Because the quick jump links at the top frequently appear missing for me (like right now).. never had a problem with the other ones...

Do you mean the quick links like - 'sports', 'edu', 'rec', ''subbed', etc? Because those are the ones that are always missing for me. The other ones, CP, FAQ, etc. are there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

they nearly always appear for me when i'm on the UCD Network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

as in the quick jump links at the top or the bit that has User CP, FAQ, etc..?? Because the quick jump links at the top frequently appear missing for me (like right now).. never had a problem with the other ones...

Edit.. Yes it's the quicklinks missing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If it's the quick links your missing just hit ctrl+F5 and they'll reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Frisbee wrote: »

Yey... they're back... You're a genius!!!! :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Frisbee wrote: »

My time of surfing boards in the library has now been made so much easier. Thank you!

Oddly enough all through rest of college, its ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Going onto the internet in Ucd is terrible. I really don't understand why they don't let you have the choice of firefox over IE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They do, it's just awkward and has to be gotten through that thingy.

Course, the real trick is to install Firefox Portable on your H drive, and use that. It saves your bookmarks etc. and is quite handy

Advertisement