Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using GPS tracks with Google Earth/Google Maps

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been using the import gps tool in google earth, to upload GPS tracks and routes from my Garmin eTREX vista into Google Earth, but fro some reason when i switch to google maps the track doesnt copy over.
    As you know, Google Earth is not very detailed for rural Irlenad, especially the mountains, but Google maps would be handy for giving directions etc.
    Any one know how I could import gps data into google maps or even virtual earth maps?
    appreciate any help.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've not done anything recently with it, but ages ago I used GPSVisualizer to get various Google Maps overlays for my traces.

Advertisement