Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job problem

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering now that I'm going from a 5 day a week to 3 days.
    tried working out my salary and think it might end up €25k can anyone who is on this salsry tell me what that is a week/month I would be grateful. I'm really worried as I have a huge mortg and childcare costs etc etc.... Any ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Hey OP, it really depends on how the system at your work is set up... do they work off a 52-week year? Some places don't. If it's a 52-week year, that's €480 pw before tax.

Really the best thing to do is ask the company you work for. They're reducing your hours, so they should take the time to explain how that affects your wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I believe you can also claim social welfare for the days you will not be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jells bells

This could be helpful: http://www.hookhead.com/Tools/tax2009b.jsp

Amend your Standard Rate Ceiling if applicable, add your gross yearly salary, any pension contributions or tax credits under the "Yearly View" section...hit submit and your monthly gross and net pay will be calculated at the bottom of the page.

As D-Generate mentioned though, you may qualify for SW since you are cut back to three of six eligible working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

D-Generate wrote: »
    I believe you can also claim social welfare for the days you will not be working.

plus the Saturday..

was amazed when I heard that from my brother as was he, when he was reduced to a 3 day week as well + 3 days dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Giggy

I'm on that salary and I get about 440 a week, after tax, but you should be able to get social welfare for the other two days which is around 80 euro a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Personal Issues to Work Problems.

Let us know if this causes any problems.

Advertisement