Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop getting wrong gateway address from BT Voyager 2110

Options
  • 07-05-2009 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭

Hi - I wonder if someone could help me here.

We have a BT Voyager 2110 here in the office with DHCP setup.

The problem is that the router seems to give our DHCP clients a gateway address of 192.168.1.2 but the routers address is 192.168.1.1

This means that DHCP wont work properly and we have to use static addresses instead.

Anyone ever come accross something like this? I have gone through all the screens on the voyager to try and see where its coming up with that 1.2 address but can't see it anywhere!

Thanks in advance!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Run a packet sniffer and check if there's another DHCP server on the network perhaps ! See what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Gavin wrote: »
    Run a packet sniffer and check if there's another DHCP server on the network perhaps ! See what's going on
    An easier way is to do an ipconfig /all at the CMD prompt which, apart from all the other information, will also tell you what the address of your DHCP server is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Agree with Gavin - there must be another DHCP server on the network. Every network attached device is a DHCP server nowadays so it could even be a network attached Hard Drive.

To save getting too technical disable DHCP on the BT Voyager 2110, the put DHCP back on on your PC and see if you still get a DHCP IP address.

Advertisement