Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncertain about the pill

Options
  • 07-05-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I think I might be having an implantation bleed, but I'm not sure.
    If this is the case, will me continuing taking the pill do any harm? Or should I skip it today just in case? I'm planning to test tomorrow morning.

I might be worrying over nothing, but it still bothers me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

are you late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

lolli wrote: »
    are you late?

It's hard to tell, I was never regular and there's no pill-free week on mini-pill.

My last periods were 21 and 27 days apart.
    It is now 24th day since the start of my last period.
    I read that implantation bleed happens round the time the period is due, so it is not impossible that it might be the case...

maybe I'm just paranoid:confused:

I only found out two days ago that i'm pregnant but I didnt have any implantation bleeding but I guess its probably different for everyone. Maybe its just the start of your period. Do a test though just to put your mind at rest.

lolli wrote: »
    I only found out two days ago that i'm pregnant but I didnt have any implantation bleeding but I guess its probably different for everyone. Maybe its just the start of your period. Do a test though just to put your mind at rest.

the discharge is quite different from the period that what's freaking me out.

ah well..

Well get yourself a test so hun and put your mind at ease. I took mine in the evening when I was 2 or 3 days late.... i'm not sure of my exact cycle either but it came up positive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi ebmma...
    I'm coming up to 6 mths with first preg. Wasn't on the pill but thought I'd post as I most defo had an implantation bleed and knew nothing about them until it happened (the day my period was due)... it kinda freaked me out, and yes it was different (darker) than normal but lasted a day and was enough for a tampon (sorry for tmi!!) I don't think enough women know about this happening and now I totally understand those crazy stories you hear about people not thinking they were pregnant when they were!!! Anyway... I kinda had an idea I was, and had other symptoms (smells turning my stomach and tender boobs:D) even at that very early stage. So... do a test. Either way you'll know and good luck with whatever happens... even though we were trying it was still a total shock to me sitting there with the positive dip stick!!:D

Chuchu wrote: »
    Hi ebmma...
    I'm coming up to 6 mths with first preg. Wasn't on the pill but thought I'd post as I most defo had an implantation bleed and knew nothing about them until it happened (the day my period was due)... it kinda freaked me out, and yes it was different (darker) than normal but lasted a day and was enough for a tampon (sorry for tmi!!) I don't think enough women know about this happening and now I totally understand those crazy stories you hear about people not thinking they were pregnant when they were!!! Anyway... I kinda had an idea I was, and had other symptoms (smells turning my stomach and tender boobs:D) even at that very early stage. So... do a test. Either way you'll know and good luck with whatever happens... even though we were trying it was still a total shock to me sitting there with the positive dip stick!!:D

Thanks a lot for your reply :-) and congrats!!

I decided to get a test just for the peace of mind.

Hope you get the result you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Test hon, only way to put your mind at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 unsure22

Hi...

Would an implantation bleed last more than a day? I have been havinbg very light bleeding for the last four days...??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You should check with your dr.

unsure22 wrote: »
    Hi...

Would an implantation bleed last more than a day? I have been havinbg very light bleeding for the last four days...??

Hiya, one time it happened to me it lasted nearly a week - so it can last more than a day. Doesn't mean that is what you have though...

Advertisement