Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles Rock Band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/preorderclub/inc/swf/assets/mp4/Trailer2.mp4

New trailer, if you have problems viewing it try right click-Save As

Can't wait to play the Sgt.Pepper/Magical Mystery Tour stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tracks announced in the last 2 days:

* "Back in the U.S.S.R."
    * "Can't Buy Me Love"
    * "Day Tripper"
    * "Eight Days a Week"
    * "Get Back"
    * "Here Comes the Sun"
    * "I Am the Walrus"
    * "I Feel Fine"
    * "I Saw Her Standing There"
    * "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
    * "Octopus's Garden"
    * "Paperback Writer"
    * "Revolution"
    * "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
    * "Taxman"
    * "Twist and Shout"
    * "Within You Without You"
    * "Yellow Submarine"

Loads of those were in the trailers though so it was pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its going to be the greatest game ever !!
    Possibly one of the greatest days ever !! :P

Ill be booking it off from work, I already have the Rockband set, and an extra GH3 guitar, but I will be buying the Beatles set too...just cause its the beatles :):D

Though I cant believe they put in Within You Without You, I only dislike 2-3 out of the total 200+ songs the beatles wrote..and thats 1 of them.
    The setlist is excellent, though they could have chosen some better ones.

Hopefully the content gets released over time, does michael jacksons Sony or someone still have rights to a lot of the songs ?

Looks like Ticket to ride has been added :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/rock-band-beatles-ticket-to-ride

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you know they will just hold of on some of the best track just so they can sell them to us as dlc :mad:

I cant wait for the game to be released.

I have a Rockband set but Ill probably end up getting the Beatles set anyway :D

Calex71 - What songs are you hoping to be included in the game???

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Personally, I've decided not to bother getting this. Mainly because it's considered a "separate game" and you wont be able to import any of the songs to the other RB games. Also, because I'm not mad about The Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,919 ✭✭✭✭Basq

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Also, because I'm not mad about The Beatles.
    "Oh... no... you.... dih.... hint!"

:eek:

Yes, believe it or not! Also, I'm not confident on how well the music will transfer to charts. I mean, what do you put in the final tier by way of the most difficult song on drums or guitar? On the other hand, it'll be a vox player's dream!

• Advertisement

I think the cool thing about this is that it's not going to be hard but you know the charts and songs will be fun anyway.

I think the cool thing about this is that it's not going to be hard but you know the charts and songs will be fun anyway.

That's why I play many of the songs, recently got the blink 182 and rise against sogs, and some old chili peppers songs , not the hardest of songs but very fun to play.

Reason for not being able to export the tracks is down to the vocal harmonies i think. But im sure they could have dome something there perhaps.

Maybe they will be available for RB2 separately.

Drive my car isnt on the list, the lack of that one song in the game is a deal breaker for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Good band and it looks good but as said above I just don't want something I can't import. Why not just do the ac/dc approach and let one transfer per disc? I just can't see me playing 3 or 4 songs from the same band and not wanting to mix it up a bit. Shame :(

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Good band and it looks good but as said above I just don't want something I can't import. Why not just do the ac/dc approach and let one transfer per disc? I just can't see me playing 3 or 4 songs from the same band and not wanting to mix it up a bit. Shame :(

Ye I can see were your coming from. I like Metallica but I'm not a huge fan so I didn't bother with Guitar Hero:Metallica.

BUT

I'm a huge Beatles fan so this is one of my most anticipated games of the year. :D

Don't understand the whinning about non-export of the tracks.
    This game is a Beatles game first and foremost, nothing to do with Rock Band franchise really, just the Harmonix guys developing it.
    I'm sure it has very very strict guidelines as to what is allowable to do with the Bealtes brand.

There is no way, Bealtes/Apple Corp would allow you to export tracks and then play them with your RB2 characters; such a thing would never ever be allowed. Same with for the settings, stages & dreamscapes; to Apple Corp, without these its not "The Bealtes" game.

That this game is actually being made and weeks away from release is amazing knowing how closely the Bealtes brand is guarded.

Back to the game itself, really looking forward to it because its a game even non-GH/RB player would love to try out at least. Friends and family will know the vocals and beats at least and can have great fun on vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ongarite wrote: »
    Don't understand the whinning about non-export of the tracks.
    This game is a Beatles game first and foremost, nothing to do with Rock Band franchise really, just the Harmonix guys developing it.
    I'm sure it has very very strict guidelines as to what is allowable to do with the Bealtes brand.

There is no way, Bealtes/Apple Corp would allow you to export tracks and then play them with your RB2 characters; such a thing would never ever be allowed. Same with for the settings, stages & dreamscapes; to Apple Corp, without these its not "The Bealtes" game.

That this game is actually being made and weeks away from release is amazing knowing how closely the Bealtes brand is guarded.

Back to the game itself, really looking forward to it because its a game even non-GH/RB player would love to try out at least. Friends and family will know the vocals and beats at least and can have great fun on vocals.

That's a fair point and if you're a big beatles fan I can understand getting it but for us casual fans who would like to play a beatles song every now and again but wouldn't bother swapping discs it's a no go. Hell if they announced a Queen one with the same restrictions I'd be queueing outside the store now.
    It's a shame they can't do generic DLC for us rockbanders who aren't *that* into the beatles is all (I know that's not harmonix's fault btw).

I'm a bit disappointed that if you buy the full band set you get the Paul McCartney bass in it rather then getting to choose what guitar/bass you want.

I really want one of the other guitars but there's no way I'm buying the full set then spending another 100 or so on one of the guitars I want.

EDIT: The McCartney bass does look class though :D

Here's the track list for the game at last. Some chap posted it up on the official rockband forum from some video game magazine with pictures to prove it.

Full Song List:
    ONE SONG IS EXCLUDED AS A SURPRISE.

Singles
    I Want To Hold Your Hand
    I Feel Fine
    Day Tripper
    Paperback Writer
    Revolution
    Don't Let Me Down

Please Please Me (1963)
    I Saw Her Standing There
    Boys
    Do You Want To Know A Secret
    Twist and Shout

With the Beatles (1963)
    I Wanna Be Your Man

A Hard Day's Night (1964)
    A Hard Day's Night
    Can't Buy Me Love

Beatles For Sale (1964)
    Eight Days a Week

Help! (1965)
    Ticket To Ride

Rubber Soul (1965)
    Drive My Car
    I'm Looking Through You
    If I Needed Someone

Revolver (1966)
    Taxman
    Yellow Submarine
    And Your Bird Can Sing

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
    Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    Getting Better
    Good Morning Good Morning

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
    I Am The Walrus
    Hello Goodbye

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)
    Dear Prudence
    Back In the U.S.S.R.
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Birthday
    Helter Skelter

Yellow Submarine (1969)
    Hey Bulldog

Abbey Road (1969)
    Come Together
    Something
    Octopus's Garden
    I Want You (She's So Heavy)
    Here Comes the Sun

Let It Be (1970)
    Dig a Pony
    I Me Mine
    I Got a Feeling
    Get Back

Love (2006)
    Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows

Very surprised that Help, She loves you and Let it be aren't on the list.

But overall I'm happy with the on disc songs and of course there will be DLC to come.

Interesting to see what the surprise song is.......

Going to be DLC for sure. Gotta have some really well known tunes for DLC so everyone will get them.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

In fairness, Let it Be is effectively a Macca solo track. Most of it is just a plodding 4/4 beat, fairly run of the mill piano chords and so on. The Solo might require a bit of work, but that'd be it.

Course, for that added 'frisson' of reality, you should be able to do a George on it and echo the melody on the guitar from the start and have Paul get stroppy with him and then George walk out in the middle of the song.

Maybe on the DLC...
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

The Complete Anthology
    Wow! You've gotten all the Trophies in The Beatles: Rock Band

A Little Help From My Friends
    Start a Story with a four player band.

All You Need Is Love
    Five-star every song in The Beatles: Rock Band.

???
    Secret Trophy

All Together Now
    Get a Guitar, Bass and Drum unison bonus on the songs listed on the Trophies screen.

In Seconds Flat
    Maintain Beatlemania for 60 seconds.

Shake It Up, Baby!
    Use Beatlemania at least 5 times in a single song using either Bass or Guitar.

Eight Days A Week
    Get an 8x Band Multiplayer.

Like a Million Suns
    Score 1,000,000 points in a single song.

Authenticity
    Finish any song as a Bassist with Lefty Mode turned on, hitting at least 50% of the notes.

How Could I Dance with Another?
    Score 100% playing I Saw Her Standing There on Expert Bass.

Day Tripper
    Start a new Story save file and reach the credits within 24 hours.

I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!

Score 100% notes hit on Helter Skelter playing Expert Drums.

Let's Get Some Levels

Calibrate your system for optimal experience.

Better Free Your Mind Instead
    Earn Expert gold stars on the 4 songs listed on the Trophies screen.

No One's Frightened of Playing

And The Band Begins to Play

Things That Money Just Can't Buy

Elmore James Got Nothing on This
    Get 85% or better on all solos In The Beatles: Rock Band on Expert Guitar.

???
    Secret Trophy

Still My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Hit 100% of the notes in either of the solos in My Guitar Genty Weeps on Expert Guitar.

What I Got I'll Give You
    Hit 100% of the notes in the solo of Can't Buy Me Love on Hard or Expert Guitar.

???
    Secret Trophy

Sun, Sun, Sun Here It Comes
    Get a 350-note streak playing Here Comes The Sun on Guitar.

That's It! You've Got It!
    Get a 350-note streak playing Hey Bulldog on Bass.

Goo Goo G'joob
    Get a 350-note streak playing I Am The Walrus on Drums.

Do Right by Me
    Get a 350-note streak playing Ticket to Ride on Guitar.

We Would Be So Happy, You and Me
    Play Octopus's Garden on Expert Guitar, playing all hammer-ons and pull-offs without strumming.

Won't You Come Out to Play?
    Play Dear Prudence on Expert Guitar, playing all hammer-ons and pull-offs without strumming.

Pick a Moon Dog
    Play Dig A Pony on Expert Guitar, playing all hammer-ons and pull-offs without strumming.

The Words You Long to Hear
    Earn a five-star rating for the songs on the Trophies screen as a Vocalist on Hard or Expert.

She Still Sings It with the Band
    Get all possible Double Fab ratings for every song with 2 vocal parts.

All the Children Sing
    Get all possible Triple Fab ratings for every songs with 3 vocal parts.

Liverpool Lads
    Play a song in the The Cavern '63 in Story.

Really Big Show
    Play a song on The Ed Sullivan Show '64 in Story.

Stadium Superstars
    Play a song in Shea Stadium '65 in Story.

The Final Tour
    Play a song in Budokan '66 in Story.

In the Studio
    Play a song in Abbey Road, Studio 2 in Story.

Passed the Audition
    Play all the songs on the Apple Corps Rooftop '69 in Story.

Mr. K Will Challenge the World
    Finish all 8 Chapter Challenges.

Toppermost of the Poppermost
    Finish all 8 Chapter Challenges with full star ratings.

I Saw the Photograph
    Get your first Beatles Photo.

???
    Secret Trophy

???
    Secret Trophy

The Teachers Who Tought Me WERE Cool
    Complete the Beatle Beats.

Doing the Best That You Can!

Complete all the Drum Lessons.

Gear Guitarist
    Earn a Guitar Career score of 1,000,000.

Ace Bassist
    Earn a Bass Career score of 1,000,000.

Dazzling Drummer
    Earn a Drums Career score of 1,000,000.

Sensational Singers
    Earn a Vocal Harmonies Career score of 1,000,000.

Must have been an new embargo on the game that finished today because of few previews have shown up:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-beatles-rock-band-hands-on

I think I've been swayed... I may get this as a proper introduction to the beatles, and because I enjoy vox, and because usually Harmonix only release quality products.

I enjoy vox, and because usually Harmonix only release quality products.

I enjoy Vox too .......................... when no one is around to hear me :o

As for quality of the game, i think it will be ok. Mind you this is the first time rock band has gotten any significant changes since the first game, being sneakily tested out under the guise of a beetles game, and a lego game yet to come.

Slippery guitar hero slope and the ruining of the franchise or onward and upward to better things?

Can't see them going far wrong personally.

Personally if Harmonix felt the game needed to be overhauled and released stand alone, I'm willing to trust them. If we're looking at Rock Band 4^123536843 in two months time, I'll begin to have suspicions...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,919 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If we're looking at Rock Band 4^123536843 in two months time, I'll begin to have suspicions...
    Lego Rock Band is out soon! ;)

In case you're confused, that's 'Rock Band' but with Lego figures.... oh JOY!

Trailer 3 is out now and all I can say is WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

wow is right, the attention to detail there is just amazing. If i might be particurly anal, the clothes during 'Dear Prudence' are all the ones from the Mad Day Out

http://beatlesmadday.110mb.com/galeria7/album/slides/013casa.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    Lego Rock Band is out soon! ;)

In case you're confused, that's 'Rock Band' but with Lego figures.... oh JOY!

Oh trust me I know. I'm hoping it'll be a sort of rock band unplugged game. That I could get into, because I never got a chance to play amplitude of frequency...

*Looks it up on Wikipedia*
    The music portions of the game will remain the same as the Rock Band series, though easier skill levels will be provided for "budding musicians".[8] Only slight changes in the game's main interface have been made, most notably that notes are represented by colored Lego bricks.[9] Successfully completing songs will earn the players Lego studs which they may use to build and customize their Lego-style avatars, staff, vehicles, and their "rock den".[4][8] There will also be Lego-themed challenges such as demolishing buildings by successfully playing songs.[8]
    All existing music game controllers will work with Lego Rock Band.

... Oh dear... Moving on

video snip
    That video has changed my "may pick it up" to "HOLY CRAP DEPOSIT NOW!". That's seriously good looking and this is coming from a person who's not a particular fan of the Beatles. It's funny how many of those songs I knew but never knew it was the Beatles. Ugh, I sound like a 14 year old...

• Advertisement

BEEP BEEP , BEEP BEEP Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! sold on the strength of that one song!!!!!!!!! :D

Edit : and finally the character in the game will reflect my leftyness if i play bass hooray

Advertisement